The hangover or the heartbreak?

Two months later

Kami

Rebecca threw something at my head, shaking me out of my reverie.

"Sorry, what?" I asked.

"I said, we're going out tonight," she said, fluffing her hair for emphasis.

"I don't know, Rebecca-"

"Well, I do," she interrupted, throwing something at me. I unfolded it to see a pair of insanely skinny jeans and a blue halter top that would show way to much of my boobs and flash everyone my belly ring. The belly ring that I got a few years ago, not the one Jett gave me.

"What if I run into-"

"Then, you can finally have that break up sex that I've heard so much about," she said, cutting me off again. "Come on, loser, we're leaving in ten."

I sighed and changed into the clothes she gave me before throwing my hair up. It had grown out a decent bit and now brushed the middle of my back in a high ponytail. I didn't bother with any makeup, and put on some black heeled boots according to Rebecca's instructions.

"Let's go!" she squealed once I was ready by her standards.

We pulled up in front of Jett's favorite club and I froze, remembering the last time I had been there.

"Beck, I don't think I can-"

"Nope!" she said, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of her car. "None of that."

"What is your deal with cutting me off mid-sentence?" I asked.

"When you have something smart to say, I'll let you say it," she said matter-of-factly.

Of course, as soon as we walked into the club, I saw him. Chatting it up with the bartender, Ryan. He didn't see me, for which I was grateful, and Rebecca and I made our way quickly to the other end of the bar.

Ryan came over and gave us a charming smile, obviously not knowing who I was.

"What can I getcha?" he asked, leaning his elbows on the counter.

"Two vodka cranberries," Rebecca said, then she turned to me, "and whatever she wants."

Ryan chuckled and looked at me.

"Just a beer, please," I muttered.

He nodded and went to get it, but stopped when Jett pulled him in and whispered something.

I held my breath, scared to look over there. Scared that he had saw me.

Ryan came back and slid the drinks over. I immediately picked it up and emptied almost half the bottle. Rebecca tried to hand him the money, but he shook his head.

"Nope, it's on my friend over there," he said, pointing at Jett. "The guy went through a bad breakup a while ago and even now he's moping about it. I'm glad he's getting back out there."

"So he hasn't been taking home a lot of girls then?" I blurted out.

Ryan looked at me oddly for a second before understanding dawned on his expression.

"Oh," he mouthed. "You're Kami."

I gave him a small tight smile.

"Yeah," I confirmed.

Ryan took a deep breath and grabbed another beer.

"Here ya go, sweetheart. You're gunna need both of them," he said.

"I'll drink to that," I murmured, taking a long draw from my second.

About three drinks later, I was on the dance floor, laughing at everything Rebecca said. She's just so damn funny.