10

Voices...

So many voices...

They are all around me.

I can not understand what any of them are saying.

What...happened?

I open my eyes but shut them again being blinded by a bright light. I immediately open them again and jolt up remembering what had happened.

"Master!" I call out.

I jump out the bed and head out the infirmary. I quickly walk through the halls of where I live. I search for-

"07."

I look up to find my Master staring at me. I hug him.

"I did not protect you- You could have been destroyed! But...instead I..."

He rises his lips up in an odd form. What is he doing? He grabs my shoulders and nods.

"It's alright 07, you did all you could."

I step back and nod. I stare at him and a glitched image of salmon hair appears before me. I tense a bit, "That...

I look down, "Who was that?"

"07."

I look up and Master was a few feet away, "Are you coming?"

I quickly nod and run after him.

I was following Master around as he talked about how much our community has grown. For some reason...my mind was on something else that I could not even understand.

I feel like I am forgetting something, but what? Maybe I should ask Master.

I look up and stare at his back. I open my mouth, but nothing comes out.

Why am I hesitating? It is my Master, I can trust him.

Right?

I decide to keep my mouth shut and snap back to reality. I did not realize Master had stopped so I accidentally bump into him. He looks back at me and raises an eyebrow. My face grew warm.

I tense.

Why do I sense warmth on my face? Is this normal?

"07, I was just talking to 101."

I look passed Master and see a little boy with purple hair.

Romeo-

I shake my head. That was odd. I blink and stare back at Number 101.

"When did he arrive?" I ask suddenly realizing he did not look familiar.

"He came yesterday."

101 gave Master a raised eyebrow but Master just tells him to go on and we walk pass each other.

Number 101 grabs my hand and let's go as fast as he could. I look back at him, he kept on walking. I check to see if my Master had seen.

It appears not.

I look down at my hand which was still shut and open it.

There was a note.

It is not what it seems.
Remember!

I tended at the note. Something was wrong...

But what?

My vision glitches. I shake my head a bit. It glitches again showing a building.

There's a sign at the top.

F-Fair.... Fairy...Tail?

Everything glitches and shook. I wobble and went down on my knees.

What-

"07?"

I look up and see my Master kneeling on one knee staring down at me.

His facial expression, I could not understand it.

"Master?"

"Hm?" Is all he responds.

I blink and get up, "I should head back to my chambers, excuse me."

I turn and walk away and was not stopped in the process. I pass my room and start searching for Number 101. He could not have gone far. I lightly jog down the stairs to the bottom floor. I look left and right.

No sign of him. I did not want to bring attention to myself so I sped walk own the hall headed for the other set of stairs. I turn towards the stairs when I was suddenly grabbed by the wrist. I grew defensive till I heard a soft 'shh'. I turn to see Number 101. He must've known I'd go looking for him.

He looks around to make sure we aren't being followed or heard. He looks at me and signals to follow him. Hesitant at first, I follow behind him down the steps. We stayed quiet the whole time. I grew more and more hesitant.

"Number-"

"Shh!"

He turns a corner and I follow, he looks both directions then turns to me.

"Number 07. My name is Romeo."

Romeo...

I sigh, so this is what this is about, Number 101 must still be having lingering memories of his past life. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"Number 101, these memories will soon be forgotten, you just need more time to adjust to your new self."

Number 101 raises his eyebrows and shakes his head, "It's true Romeo was my name before, but that's not the point. I need to tell you something very urgent. You are being tricked."

Now it was my turn to raise my eyebrow, "Number 101?"

"Let me explain..."

Number 101 tells me that I've actually been turned off for a few months. Apparently I went out on a mission and was captured by the Fairy Tail guild and I had stayed with them for a few days. In the end, I somehow contacted Headquarters and they came to rescue me and they captured some members who are now locked up deep underground in our laser containments.

Once he finishes, I inhale, "One, why did my memory get erased? Two, why are these Fairy Tail members relevant towards me? They captured me, I was rescued, and they were captured. We should be fine."

"I don't know what happened between you and the guild, but I do know you tried to make Master leave them be, which is why, I think you should go down to the containments and ask them yourself. Don't you want your memories back?"

I do not understand why my memory was erased...but, there's only one way to find out.

I inhale once again, "Alright Number 101, I'll ask."

He nods and turns to leave but stops, "07..."

"Hm?"

He looks over his shoulder, "You can trust me, please, don't tell anyone about this, ok? If you do, I won't blame you, but... I'll be dead if you do."

With that, he leaves me there...alone, only left with my own thoughts and doubts.