Maybe they have Mac & Cheese here

Jefferson slowly opened his eyes and sat up, putting his hand to his head for he had a headache. He was surprised at how fluffy and large it was. He looked around, suddenly realizing he was in an unfamiliar setting. A black man dressed in odd clothing was curled up in a ball and rocking back and forth with a terrified look on his face, another one was on the ground either sleeping or passed out. A man with tan skin was out as well. A white skinned man was on the sofa looking down at something as two women and another man with freckles covering his body and curly hair tied in a ponytail were talking to each other.

He looked at his hands, terrified to see them coloured in a dark pigment. He felt around his face, finding a cleanly shaven goatee that definitely wasn't there before. He was dressed in an odd magenta shirt with sleeves that didn't reach past his elbow, blue pants with pockets all around the top of them, and a strange band around his wrist that had a small clock in the middle. He felt like screaming but somehow managed to stay calm.

He stood up, going to the man on the couch who was staring intently at a small device with a glowing front plate and moving images.

"Excuse me, good sir. May you please tell me where I am and why I look like I am to be enslaved?" he asked, not even knowing if the man could understand him.

"And who may you be?" the man asked, his voice sounding familiar in a strange way.

"I would be Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson. Do not question why I look the way I do, just answ-"

"Oh." the man said, now seemingly annoyed. "You would be in the 21st century, the year 2016. If you faint, I will not hesitate to let you fall. Cracking your skull open would do you some good." The insult was said in such a familiar tone, he couldn't help but wonder if it was Hamilton. But it couldn't be, right. Just then, one of the girls came to him.

"Sorry about Mr. Hamilton, sir. We know you guys aren't on good terms. My name is Phillipa, by the way." she said, reaching out her hand for a handshake. Jefferson took it, suddenly realizing how she referred to the man he was previously talking to. He looked at him as he lifted his head from the device he held in his hands.

"Yes, I am the Alexander Hamilton. We somehow switched bodies with people who act as you, me, Washington, Burr, and most likely Madison in a kind of sung-through play about, well, who else but me. And the man whose body I am inhabiting happens to also be the genius playwright behind it." he cleared up, an egotistical smile spreading across his face. It looked odd on Lin's face, considering the fact that he was never the type of man to do it.

"How did you know that?" the freckled man asked. "We never told any of you guys."

"I overheard the three of you talking about it. You are not the most silent people in the world. If anything, you are nearly the opposite."

Jefferson was now more confused than anything. He had so many questions, but he decided to ask them progressively in case they answered them without him asking.

~~~~

Daveed felt way too awkward to calm down. He noticed already that his skin was a pale white colour and he had no facial hair. He had not tried at all to speak like those from this time period, for he didn't really see a point. Many gave him strange looks, but he just tried to ignore them. He went into an office that a man who seemed to be James Madison told him to go into for some sort of meeting. Madison, as well as Washington, Hamilton, and Burr, were in there.

"Hey, Daveed," Hamilton said, sounding modern, or futuristic in this case, and somehow knowing his name. He just looked confused.

"How did you-"

"Oh, right. You don't know, do you?" the odd version of Hamilton interrupted. "I'm Lin, Burr is Leslie, Washington over there is Chris, and I think you already know who little sick boy over there is."

"Oak?" Daveed asked, already awestruck by the fact that his friends were also in the bodies of some of the Founding Fathers and Aaron Burr.

"Yep, it's me," Oak said, his voice and complexion seeming just as sickly as the Wikipedia article described Madison's to be. Daveed tried not to point it out, though he would certainly pick on him about it sometime later.

"Ok, do any of you know how we got like this?" he asked, trying to at least get some information on the situation. Oak just shook his head while the rest of them just said no in unison.

"And where are the real ones?" He thought he already knew the answer, but he asked just to be sure.

"Oh," Lin began to answer, his tone a little too calm. "They're in our bodies in our time."

"And why is no one freaking out about this!?"

"We are, we're just doing it on the inside," Oak replied, knowing everyone was pretty much internally screaming.

Leslie looked at Lin slyly. "Lin actually did scream for a while in Hamilton's office. I was there with him when he did."

"Really? Lin, I didn't know you were the kind of person to scream."

"I did not!" Lin protested in a child-like manner.

"Yes you did, Lin," Leslie confirmed. 

A/N

Oh god, the first paragraph is so fucking cringy!!! It sounds like I'm racist but tbh back then I barely knew what counted as racist and oh god I hate myself for being too pure! Also, I had to completely delete some dialogue at the end because that was just too bad to keep on here.

On a more positive note, I'm sorry for the lack of actual Mac and Cheese.