Through Sickness and Through Health

Madison had been up for a while at this point, having heard everything since the moment Burr's shrieks awoke him. However, he chose to keep his eyes closed through the majority of this, only opening them for a brief moment to check his appearance; he had calmed down about it by now. He also noticed his breathing was clear, a beautiful relief. Now, he decided to officially wake up.

Once he sat up and opened his eyes, he immediately wanted to close them again. He guessed this was the downside to trying to stay asleep.

  "Somebody else is awake." A voice he had kept assuming was Hamilton's informed. Very soon after, a dark-haired woman came to him.

  "I'm guessing you're Madison?" She asked.

"Yes," he replied, deciding to skip freaking out as Hamilton did. He found that odd; the man was usually loud but here he was almost too relaxed, as if it were an environment he was used to.

"James?" A newer, yet all too distinguishable voice called. The man this voice belonged to stood out just as much, unlike the mind that inhabited it, if his theory was correct.

"Thomas?" He called back, confident in his response. He stood up and walked over to him. In an instant, Jefferson wrapped his arms around him, a tighter embrace than he was used to. From his peripherals he saw Hamilton look up to them, surprise and confusion spread across his face at the sight.

"Thomas and I need to have a private conversation if that is alright with you." He announced.

"Go ahead." Another woman allowed.

The two headed into a separate room, which happened to be a washroom.

  "Thomas, what was that?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy to at least have someone familiar in this mess of a place."

Jefferson looked to be near panic. His arms were crossed close to his chest and he slouched a bit more than usual. It was as if he would soon shut down.

Madison sighed, forgiving Jefferson's behaviour. "Is the unfamiliarity affecting you, Thomas?"

Jefferson just nodded in response, lowering his head and looking to the side as if he had done something wrong.

"I'm afraid, Jemmy," he whispered just loud enough for Madison to hear.

"We will be alright," Madison affirmed. "Do you need a hug?" He knew not to touch him without asking. Jefferson only nodded again. The two embraced, Jefferson slightly shaking in his arms.

~~~~

   Oak had never seen Lin like this: his fingers rapidly tapping on the table, an anxious expression spread across his face. This only got worse as the previous conversation went on. Chris was now trying to calm him down, sitting near him and saying what he thought would comfort him. This, surprisingly, was to no avail.

  "...And now V and Seb are alone and I'm not there to care for them! And my parents; what will they say!? Have they figured out what happened to us!?" Was all Oak could catch from Lin's rambling. His misunderstanding was made worse by Hamilton's voice having an accent just strong enough to be distracting.

  "Lin, please calm down," Chris was almost pleading at this point. "I'm sure they've pieced something together."

  Lin suddenly stood up, slamming his hands against the table. "How could you possibly know that!? We aren't even able to be there!" Despite his lowered height and the small tears starting to form in his eyes, his expression seemed menacing, something he could never really pull off in his body no matter how hard he tried. His eyes were daggers jabbing straight into Chris.

  "Lin, cool it!" Oak called to him. "You're not helping the situation right now."

  He froze, trembling slightly and the tears starting to streak down his face. "I'm... sorry," he muttered, sitting back down and making his folded arms a headrest. His deadly expression became more solemn.

  After a hard sneeze causing a 'bless you' from Daveed and a failed reflex to reach for his phone Oak decided to try and lower the tension.

  "Alright, let's say we are stuck here a little longer than we really want to be." He saw Lin tuck his head into his arms a bit more. "Imagine all the things we could do. We could make our time so much better."

  Daveed looked up to him, his eyes bright with ideas. Lin seemed to light up a bit more as well, though it was clear he had doubts about the idea. Leslie, however, was less enthused by the idea.

  "That may seem like a good idea now, but it could also change the world for the worse. Haven't you guys seen Back to the Future?"

"Yes, but we really have no idea how time travel works, if that's even what this is." Oak reminded. "If we only change things in politics, that could be the only thing that changes in our time."

Lin mumbled something under his breath, but it seemed like Chris was the only one to make it out.

"You forget we have to be involved with their families. By your logic, it could also mess with ours." Leslie countered.

"So we act like them, simple as that." Daveed took Oak's side in the debate. Lin switched through looks of realization, contemplation, and anxiety all at once. Chris seemed to just be a bystander, taking in everything.

"They'll know something's off no matter how accurate we are."

Lin then stood up and walked out the door without another word, leaving the whole room in shocked silence.

A/N
And the revival begins.
I hope the quality improvement from the last chapter and this one is obvious. I worked my ass through writer's block for this.

*Disclaimer* This is my personal interpretation of these people, not how I think they actually act IRL. Anything written down here is completely fictional.
(gotta do this for every hamilcast fic. get used to it)