Chapter 8

Lisa's POV

We are both sitting in her bed while playing chess. It's awkward, I don't even know how to say sorry about what happened earlier.

"Checkmate!" She exclaimed causing me to look at her.

"Let's play next time, I'm already sleepy" She said.

I looked at her, she lied on the bed facing her back on me. I flew on the other side of the bed, I don't know but its like that something forced me to kiss her forehead.

"Goodnight Jen" I whispered to her.

Jen's POV

My eyes widen on what she did. She's already under the bed......and it's true, she kissed my forehead! A sudden smile crept on my face "Goodnight Lisa" I whispered even though I know she won't hear it.

I was supposed to be asleep but after what she did? I don't think I can sleep tonight. Urgh! My eyes were closed but I'm awake, everything that happened earlier kept on flashing on my mind. Tho I didn't saw how she kissed my forehead but I pictured it on my mind.

I kept on rolling on my bed but stopped. I just remembered that she's just under the bed.

I'm just staring at the ceiling and not moving even just a single muscle *heart beats fast* here it goes again.

-------

The next morning, I woke up with her staring at me.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

I stared back at her. I can feel my heart beating so loud and I don't care about it. All I care about now is me staring at her and her staring back at me.

There's something different in her eyes. It's like it's telling me something but I don't know what is it.

"What happened to your eyes?" She asked.

"This? It's nothing" I swear Lisa, you're not the reason why I have eyebags.

"Didn't you sleep well?"

Yes, I didn't sleep because of what you did. You're messing up my mind.

"Uhh, I did sleep well" I said then forced a smile.

----

The night came. I'm about to sleep but she sat at the edge of the bed near me.

"Do you want me to sleep with you so that you can have a good sleep?" She asked.

There you go again, making me confuse. Lisa, I'm old enough. I'm not the little kid before who can't sleep alone. Do you still see me like that? Like I'm still the little girl before?

I don't know but I can't utter a single word. I can see through her eyes that she doesn't know what to do but she still lied beside.

I felt like there's some magnet who pulled me to rest my head on her chest and hug her that I know made her shock. It feels the same, nothing changed. I'm just the one who changed.

---------

I woke up with the both of us on the same position. This is the first time that I saw her sleeping, it's because she often woke up before me.

So flirt of you Jen! You and a girl sleeping on the same bed? Before she's just like a sister to me but now it's like she's my girlfriend or wife. If someone will see us right now, that person will think that something happened between us.

I chuckled on what I thought causing her to wake up.

"Ah G-goodmorning? " I said stuttering. Argh! You're so stupid, it came out like a question.

"Goodmorning" She said while smiling at me.

"Jen! Breakfast is ready!" My Mom shouted.

"Go, enjoy your breakfast"

"Okay, I'll give you food later" I said then left.

Lisa's POV

She went down for breakfast, it's funny how I thought of her as a grown up girl and not the little girl I knew before.

After a few minutes, she came back with a food on her hand. I'll just eat under the bed because she said she'll be taking a bath.

What if I took a glance for a moment? You're so pervert Lisa, stop it.

-

It's already 6PM, maybe she'll be home after a few moments. I'm just peeking at her room's window in case she came back home.

And I'm right, a car stopped in front of their house. I saw a guy went out from the car and went on the other side of the car to open the door. I saw that girl who was being guided by the guy was Jen.

They were smiling on each other while talking. After that, they talked, the guy entered the car then left. I saw Jen taking her way inside the house so I waited for her to open her room's door.

When she entered the room, she got surprised by me.

"Who's that guy?" I asked her while she's placing her things on her study table.

"My classmate"

"Why did he came here?"

"He just dropped me off"

"Why?"

"Hm..He just volunteered to drop me home"

"Why? Can't you go home with yourself?"

She looked at me and laughed."Hahaha! Are you kidding me? He just wanted to drop me off"

"I'm serious!" I seriously said while staring at her. She seemed shocked on what I said.

"Why are so weird?" She exclaimed then entered the bathroom.

I was standing at the front of the bathroom's door waiting for her. Why did I even said that? I wonder what she think of me now. Why does I felt annoyed by the idea of that guy dropping Jen off every day?

After a few moments, she went out and looked directly at me. She's waiting for me to say something but I couldn't find the right word to say. She walked passed through me and started to sleep.

I wanted to talk to her. I wanna say sorry and ask her the real reason why did that guy dropped her off earlier. I want her to explain everything to me.

I'm just standing at the side of the bed while staring at her calm sleeping face. I can't talk to her I went under the bed.

I can't sleep. Why would I be surprised if someone would drop her home? First of all, she's beautiful. She's the type of girl that everyone will love. She's grown up Lisa, for sure there's someone who has a crush on her or someone was courting her.

I suddenly felt confused. Why did I said those things when I actually can't remember anything? I'm acting like I've been in a relationship before.

-------