1.

First things first, I DO NOT own any of the characters. They all belong to their rightful owner: JK Rowling.

Now, if you don't ship Harry/Hermione (I have no idea the proper ship name between them xD), then I suggest you don't read this story. It's pretty obvious. Because well, ya know, this IS going to be a Harry/Hermione story.
BE PREPARED FOR FREQUENT HARIOME (that's how I'm gonna spell it) MOMENTS :D
You have been warned....

~

Harry was shaken awake, pulled away from the horrible nightmare that was going on in his mind. He opened his eyes to see one of his best friends, Hermione Granger, staring down at him. He sat up quickly, grabbing his glasses and pulling them on.
"Harry, are you okay?" she asked. She held a lantern over their heads to light the dark room.
Harry blinked a few times to adjust his vision, "Hermione! Bad dream..." he gasped. Hermione gave him a small, comforting smile before walking across the room. She stood over another bed, clapping her hands.
"Ronald, wake up!" she ordered, pulling the covers off of their ginger-haired friend.
Harry rubbed his forehead where his lightning bolt- shaped scar was.
"Honestly, get dressed!" Hermione spat. She clapped her hands, making Harry jumped. "Come on! Don't go back to sleep!"
Harry stared after his best friend as she left the room, the gnawing ache on his forehead forgotten for a moment. Even early in the morning, she still looked as beautiful as ever. Her shoulder-length bushy brown hair bounced as she walked, and her golden-brown eyes shined in the dim light.

Harry quickly dressed himself before meeting Hermione and the Weasley family down in the kitchen. He had been invited to accompany Mr. Weasley and his kids to the Quidditch World Cup, along with Hermione. He hadn't expected the Dursleys to let him go, but they seemed eager to get him out of the house.
In the small kitchen of the Burrow, Harry took a seat next to Hermione, giving her a small smile.
"Morning, Harry!" Mrs. Weasley greeted him in her overly-cheery voice. She placed a plate piled with food in front of him. "Where's Ron?"
"He was getting dressed as I left," Harry told her. "He should be coming down in a moment."
Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes and turned to Ginny, her only daughter, "Ginny, dear, will you go make sure Ron is up?"
Ginny glanced at Harry before disappearing out of the kitchen, a hop in her step.
"She fancies you, you know?" Hermione whispered in his ear. Harry nodded as he took a bite of the breakfast Mrs. Weasley had made for them. He didn't really want to talk about that, especially not with Hermione.
The rest of the breakfast was eaten in silence, except for the occasional scolding from Mrs. Weasley to Fred and George. As the sun began to appear over the horizon, Mr. Weasley and the kids left the Burrow.
"Have fun, and be safe!" Mrs. Weasley called after them.

Harry and the others followed Mr. Weasley through the woods. The sunlight shone through the trees, dappling the ground.
Harry and Ron trailed behind the rest of the group sleepily, yawning once in a while.
"Where are we actually going?" Harry asked Ron. He tripped over a risen tree root, but quickly regained himself.
"Don't know," Ron said mid-yawn. "Dad, where are we going?"
Mr. Weasley looked back at them with an amused look on his face, "You'll see soon enough! Keep up!"
Harry's eyes traveled to Hermione, who was walking next to Ginny. The two girls seemed to be wide awake, giggling amongst themselves quietly.
Mr. Weasley suddenly stopped, standing in front of someone whom Harry didn't recognize. Him and Ron caught up with the rest of the group.
"Sorry, Amos!" Mr. Weasley was saying as they came within earshot, "Some of us had a sleepy start!"
Ron suppressed another yawn, stumbling a bit. Mr. Weasley turned to look at his kids with his arm around the unknown man's shoulders, "This is Amos Diggory everyone!"
At that very moment, a young man appeared next to Mr. Diggory. Harry recognized him as Cedric Diggory, whom he went to school with. He was the seeker on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, and an awful good one at that.
Mr. Weasley briefly introduced himself to Amos' son before they all took off walking again.

~
(A/N: I'm skipping the World Cup xD)

Harry followed Mr. Weasley back to their temporary tent, his arms full of souvenirs from the Quidditch World Cup. Hermione walked beside him, giggling with Ginny about the Bulgarian Seeker, Viktor Krum. Harry felt a twinge of jealousy as Hermione admired the seeker's looks, though he didn't know why. Her hand brushed against his briefly, making Harry chance a look towards her. Hermione glanced at him, her eyes meeting his. She looked away quickly, a blush forming on her cheeks.
Harry couldn't help but smile at her shyness. She usually wasn't shy, and Harry was confused as of why she was acting like that.
They came to their tent just as the Irish began setting off fireworks in the distance. Harry went to slide into the tent, bumping into Hermione, who was too trying to enter the tent.
"S-sorry," He stuttered awkwardly, pulling back to let her through. His bare arm brushed against hers, sending goosebumps up his arm. Hermione smiled at Harry nervously before slipping into the tent, followed by Ginny.
Harry entered the overly-sized tent after the two girls. Fred, George and Ron were seating in the kitchen, discussing the match only hours before.
"There's no one like Krum!" Ron was saying as Harry took a seat next to him. Fred and George circled around them, flapping their wings like birds and chanting Krum's name.
"He's like a bird, the way he rides the wind!" Ron went on. He stared off into space as he imagined the Bulgarian Seeker on his broomstick. "He's more than an athlete; he's an artist!"
Harry laughed as Fred and George plopped themselves beside Ron, singing, "Viktor, I love you! Viktor I do!"
Harry smiled and joined in, "When we're apart my heart beats only for you!"
He caught Hermione's eye and hurriedly looked away, feeling heat rise to his cheeks.
There was a sudden bang outside the tent, a few screams following after it. Harry sat up and stared out the entrance of the tent, trying to see what was wrong.
"Oi, sounds like the Irish has got their pride on!" Fred joked, punching his twin brother playfully. Mr. Weasley suddenly rushed into the tent, grabbing Ginny's arm protectively.
"Stop, stop it!" he ordered. "It's not the Irish! We have to get out of here, now!"
There was another bang outside, sounding much closer this time. Harry shot up off the couch, followed by Ron and the twins. They headed towards the exit of the tent just as it shot up in fire, increasing the temperature by a mile.
Harry felt a hand grasp his arm, and turned to see Hermione clutching onto him. Her eyes were full of fear, which only made Harry more determined to keep her safe.
"Come on!" he shouted over the chaos. He pulled Hermione along with him as he tried to maneuver his way through the crowd. The Weasleys were nowhere to be seen.
Harry led Hermione towards the forest, dodging fleeing wizards and witches.
"Harry, where are we going?" asked Hermione. She stumbled over a log, though quickly regained herself.
"I dunno, but we have to stay safe," Harry told her. Not only until he was sure they were safe did he stop running. He looked at Hermione. She had a few scratches on her face, but other than that, she seemed fine.
"Are you okay?" she asked him as she sat down against a tree. Harry could still hear the screams back at the camp- though they were faint.
"Yeah," he breathed "You?"
Hermione nodded, her eyes wide. Harry slid down next to her, their shoulders touching. Hermione wrapped her arms around Harry's and rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes.

The two of them sat like that for what seemed like lifetimes. Over that period of time, the screams dimmed to silence. Harry could see the orange glow of flames in the distance. He silently prayed that Ron and his family made it out okay- alive.
There was a sudden popping sound, and about 10 wizards appeared around them. Harry stood up instantly, shielding Hermione from the unknown wizards.
"Stupefy!" the wizards all said in unison. a red beam erupted from their wands, heading straight towards Harry. He ducked just in time, the beam whisking only inches over his head.
"Stop!" a familiar voice yelled. "Stop!"
Harry recognized mr. Weasley almost at once, and relief flooded over him. He ran up to him and Hermione, throwing himself between them and the unknown wizards.
"Which one of you conjured it?" a man, whom Harry suddenly recognized as Barty Crouch, demanded.
"Crouch, you couldn't possibly-"
Mr. Weasley was cut off by Crouch throwing him a look that immediately silenced him.
"You've been discovered in the scene of the crime!" He spoke directly towards Harry and Hermione, pointed towards the cloudy sky. For the first time, Harry noticed a vast, green, glittering cloud of smoke shaped as a skull in the night sky. A serpent protruded out of its mouth like a tongue, circling in the sky slowly.
"Crime?" Harry asked, looking down from the illuminating object in the sky. He was still confused as what it was.
"It's the Dark Mark, Harry," Hermione whispered in his ear. "It's his mark!"
Suddenly, Harry felt a sharp pain in his forehead where his scar was. He help his hand up to it in pain, clenching his teeth.
He understood now; it was his mark. Voldemort's mark.