5.

The Great Hall flourished as students from all three schools hung out; with books in their hands studying or catching up on gossip.
Harry was no longer getting rude looks or hand gestures, though he wished he was back to those days. Now, he had girls squealing at him every time he waved back! at them.
Parvati and Padma Patel passed by him, smiling idiotically.
"Hi, Harry," they said in unison, Padma letting out a little squeal at the end. Harry smiled slightly and nodded at them. Beside him, Hermione scoffed and glared at the two Indian twins.
"C'mon," Harry smiled, nudging her gently. "Just last night you were accusing me of the jealous one."
Hermione rolled her eyes and continued reading a book. A small smile threatened the corner of her mouths, though she didn't let Harry see this.
Harry smirked and wrapped his arm and her small waist, pulling her closer to him.
"Come onnn!" He whined, rocking her back and forth. "Don't be mad at me!"
"Harry, stop," Hermione said quietly though she was smiling. Harry wrapped his other arm around her waist, "Are you mad?" he asked.
"No, Harry," laughed Hermione, and he let go.
"You know you can't stay mad at me," he said cheekily and grabbed her hand, entwining their fingers underneath the table. No one knew about their feelings towards each other (they weren't even sure if each other knew), but they all assumed this was normal, since Harry and Hermione always had such a close friendship.
"You made everyone stare at us," Hermione sighed, biting her lip. Harry shrugged, a cheeky smile on his face.
"I don't care."
"Malfoy was right, maybe you do like attention!" Hermione teased as she rubbed her thumb across Harry's hand.
Harry faked being hurt and slipped his hand from her's, "I see how it is."
He crossed his arms stubbornly and began reading his own book. Hermione stared at him, "I was joking, Harry! Pleaseeee!" she whined loudly.
Harry rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand once more, "Now who's looking for attention."
Ron sat down at the table opposite of them, pulling out his potions book, "something I missed here?" he asked. He stared between Harry and Hermione, who's faces were both red. Hermione shrugged, and continued reading, though her hand was still rubbing Harry's comfortingly. Nigel Wolpurt, a third year Gryffindor, entered the Great Hall, carrying a badly wrapped package.
"Package for you, Mr Weasley!" he announced, plopping the package onto Ron's book.
"Er- thanks, Nigel," Ron said, smiling awkwardly. Though Nigel didn't leave. He stood expectantly by Ron, gazing at Harry. Hermione tapped Ron, and pointed towards the younger student.
"Not now, Nigel," Ron muttered. "Later!"
Nigel pouted and stalked away, looking back once or twice at Harry.
"I promised him I would get him Harry's autograph, okay?" Ron admitted as he began to open his package. He opened the box, revealing a dark red, velvet set of dress robes. He held them up with a horrid expression on his face. "Mom sent me a dress?"
Harry fought back a smile, "is there a bonnet?" he rummaged through the wrapping tissue, finding a fluffy white bonnet and holding it up to Ron.
"Nose down, Harry," his friend muttered, turning to Ginny. "Ginny, I think these are for you."
A ways down the table, Ginny stared at the robes in horror, "I'm not wearing those. They're ghastly!"
Beside Harry, Hermione started laughing quietly. Ron turned to them, "What?"
"Those aren't for Ginny; they're for you!" Hermione laughed. "Dress robes!"
All around them, students who have been listening in bursted into laughter. Viktor Krum, along with two other Durmstrang students, entered the Great Hall. Everyone got quiet as they watched the Bulgarian students walk towards the Gryffindor table.
Viktor stopped in front of Hermione, grabbing her hand and planting a small kiss on it, "Good day," he greeted her boldy, casting a glance towards Harry. A triumphant smirk was plastered across his face as he walked off, his two friends following him.
Harry watched as the Bulgarian champion sat down near a group of Hufflepuffs. His fist was clenched tightly, turning his fingers white. He suddenly felt soft skin touch his, and looked down to see Hermione's hand resting over his.
"Hey, it's okay," she said quietly. She didn't want Ron- who was still pouting over his dress robes- to overhear. "Now who's the jealous one?"
Harry rolled his eyes, a small smile threatening the corners of his mouth.

~

Harry sat in his usual spot in the DADA (defense against the dark arts) classroom, patiently waiting for their new teacher, Alastor (Mad-Eye) Moody, to arrive. Hermione had told him that he was an ex-auror, and was serving at Hogwarts for not a year before returning to his retirement.
Suddenly, the large doors to the classroom opened with a boom, and Moody walked- or more like limped- in. Every other step he took, the sound of metal tapping against the stone floor filled the students' ears. His appearance was horrifying; his face was cris-crossed with old scars with barely any untouched skin shown. His nose was bent and distorted as if it had been broken and repaired incorrectly many times. Though there was one thing that caught Harry's attention: his eyes.
One was very dark, looking almost unnatural. The other, however, was a bright, piercing blue, attached to his head by a gold holster. While his dark eye stared ahead, the blue one flicked back and forth, surveying the room.
Mad-Eye stood on the podium, looking down at the class with a grim expression on his face. His magical eyes rolled over into the back of his head, where only white was visible to students.
"Alastor Moody," he said, turned around to face the blackboard. "Ex-Auror, Ministry Malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me; end of story, goodbye, the end."
Harry and Hermione exchanged wide-eyed glances, and Harry mouthed, "This ought to be interesting."
He was right; it surely would be.
"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach." Mad-Eye said. "Now, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?"
Hermione raised her hand, and when he gestured towards her, she said, "Three, sir."
"And they are so named?" Mad-Eye pressed, turning to write on the blackboard.
"Because they are unforgivable," Hermione said. "Use of any one of them will-"
"Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban," Mad-Eye finished the sentence for her. He then turned around and faced the class once more. "Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared!" He said. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum
besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!"
Harry turned around to see Seamus staring at Mad-Eye in shock, a piece of dried up gum in his hand. "No way! The old codger can see right through the back of his head!"
Suddenly, Mad-Eye turned and hurled the piece of chalk he was holding at Seamus, only missing his head by a few centimeters. "I am hear to set the class rules!" he said sternly. "So, which curse shall we see to first?"

~

Harry walked out of the DADA classroom blindly, the image of the bright green flash hitting the swelling spider, killing it in an instant, fresh in his mind. Hermione held onto his arm, giving him a comforting smile as she led him down the stairs.
"How dare he do that!" She scoffed, breathing heavily through her nose. "I understand that they're important to know, but to perform them in a classroom?! There's a reason those curses are unforgivable..."
"I'll be fine, 'Mione," Harry assured her, though trying to convince himself as well.
"I'm sure you will, Harry," Hermione said. "But what about Neville? I mean, did you see the look on his face?"
Harry shrugged as they approached Neville, who was absentmindedly staring out one of the castle's stained glass windows. The tapping sound of Mad-Eye's prosthetic leg made Harry turn around, watching as the professor pushed his way through the students.
"Son, you alright?" he asked, softly but sternly. Neville nodded slightly, and Mad-Eye rested his hand on his shoulder. "Come on, we'll have a cup of tea. I have to show you something."
Harry watched as Mad-Eye led Neville back towards his classroom. He couldn't help but feel curious for what he was going to show him.
Hermione pulled on his arm gently, drawing his attention away from Neville.
"Come on," she said. "McGonagall's called a meeting."

A/N:
2 updates in one day?! You guys are so lucky ;)
Idk I just really like writing this and that's what I do in my free time so I update ALOT. :D
I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am :3 Feedback is appreciated, remember!
Love you all <3
-PadfootTheAnimagus