12.

Snowflakes landed lightly on the ground- speckling it white- as Hogwarts students flooded the streets of Hogmeade. Harry and Hermione entered the Three Broomsticks, thankful to get out of the piercing cold outside. Ron strayed behind them, unsure of whether he would be welcomed or not.

Harry and Hermione took a seat at one of the small tables- soon joined by Ron.

"You know, you don't have to act so nervous around us," Hermione said to him. Ron shrugged.

"I was unsure of whether you wanted me near you or not," he muttered.

"Of course we want you near us; you're our best friends," said Harry. A waitress stopped by their table and asked for their order.

"Butter beers, please," Harry told her. The waitress nodded and walked away. Ron stared after him with dreamy eyes, a stupid, crooked smile plastered across his face.

"I think she may be a veela," he said in awe, and Hermione scoffed.

"Don't be ridiculous, Ronald," she said. "Why would they have a veela working in the Three Broomsticks?"

Ron shrugged, "more customers?"

"Like they need any more," Harry commented as the door opened once more, making the bell jingle above. Three more men stepped into the pub, and took a seat at the bar. They surely had enough customers.

The waitress soon brought them their three butter beers, and Ron thanked her quickly. She gave him a small smile before disappear to the next table.

"You're pathetic, Ron," said Harry, laughing into his cup. Hermione reached under the table and slid her hand into Harry's, entwining their fingers. Harry glanced over at her and smirked as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

Barely another word was spoken between the trio as they finished their drinks.

Almost all the Hogwarts students had gone back to the castle as Hermione, Harry and Ron stepped out of The Three Broomsticks, though a few lingered inside the shops. Though dozens of students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were there, eyeing the magical shops with curious eyes.

"Come on," said Harry, gesturing towards the path that led back to the castle. "Let's head back."

Ron nodded his head in agreement, though Hermione stayed back.

"You go on; I want to check something real quick," she said. Ron shrugged and said nothing, but Harry gave her a questioning look.

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon," she told him. Still looking unconvinced, Harry reluctantly followed Ron towards the castle. He glanced back once more at Hermione, who gave him a small, reassuring smile.

Hermione waited until they were out of sight before heading towards the store she needed; Spintwitches Sporting Needs. As she approached the building, her path was blocked by Viktor Krum, who stared down at her with his small, dark eyes.

"Good day," he greeted her, reaching down and grabbing her hand. He brought her hand up to his mouth and planted a small, wet kiss on it.

"Hello," said Hermione, rather awkwardly.

"Enjoying the day in Hogsmede?" Viktor asked.

"Yes," she said quite impatiently. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to get into this shop."

Viktor turned around and stared at Spintwitches as if he had only just realized it was there; which was probably true.

"Right," he said as he stepped aside. "Have a good day."

Hermione gave him a small, awkward smile as she passed him. The heated air inside of Spintwitches was like heaven to Hermione compared to the weather outside. She looked around the store, searching for the perfect thing. Then, she found it. Her eyes rested on the most perfect broomstick she had ever seen. She knew, that this was the perfect gift.

~

Hermione was thankful the common room was empty as she entered. In her hands, she was carrying a rather large box that contained the broomstick she bought earlier. People would surely ask what was in there, and she didn't wanna cause a scene.

Hermione quickly climbed the stairs that led to the girl's dormitory as she heard the portrait door swing open. She set the heavy package down beside her bed and slid it underneath. Christmas was only days away, and she made a mental note to herself to find time to wrap it.

As she entered the common room once more, Harry stood waiting for her by the portrait door.

"We've been wondering where you were," he said as she walked up to him.

"Sorry," said Hermione. "I just had to pick up something."

"What is it?" Harry asked as they climbed through the portrait hole.

"Nothing important," Hermione said quickly. Harry pursed his lips, but didn't argue.

"Where's Ron?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Study hall," answered Harry. They walked down the corridor quickly, eager to get out of the cold. Hermione couldn't stop herself from shivering, and hoped Harry couldn't see it. She didn't want him to worry. But, of course, he did.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

Hermione shrugged, "A little. But I'm alright."

"Are you sure?" Harry asked. "I can give you my cloak-"

"No, Harry it's alright," Hermione insisted. She pushed his hand away as he tried to drape his coat over her shoulders. "We're almost inside anyway."

Harry shrugged, though he didn't put the cloak back on. As he carried it in one hand, he grabbed Hermione's hand with the other.

Floating Christmas lights lit up the study hall as Harry and Hermione entered. At the far end, there was an oversized Christmas tree, which was too decorated with lights. Harry and Hermione sat down across from Ron, who was quietly talking to Seamus. Filch patrolled up and down the rows of tables, Mrs Norris- his cat- in his arms.

Ron suddenly became quiet as his eyes laid on Fleur Delacour as she entered the hall with some of her piers.

Hermione scoffed as her friend basically drooled over the French girls as they passed their table.

"You're pathetic, Ronald," she muttered, though she was smiling.

"Hey, you do the same to Harry," Ron retorted, finally snapping out of his daze. Hermione felt her cheeks grow hot, telling her she was blushing. She coughed awkwardly and looked down at her book. She could tell Ron had a triumphant smirk plastered on his face. She heard Harry laugh, and he squeezed her hand gently.

"Blimey, here comes Krum," Ron gasped, snapping Hermione's attention from her book.

"Ron, when are you going to quit mooning over him?" asked Harry, and Seamus laughed from beside Ron.

"I don't moon over him," Ron protested. "I'm just not used to the fact that the best seeker in the world is in our school!"

Hermione caught Krum's eye as he passed her. He gave her a small smile and bowed slightly. She saw his eyes dart over to Harry- satisfaction gleaming in them.

Hermione scoffed as he walked away, tightening her grip on Harry's hand. She could see the jealously burning in his eyes, and she felt bad for him.

"Don't worry," she whispered in his ear. Harry smiled slightly and- not before checking to see if anyone was looking- planted a small kiss on her cheek.

A/N:

Bad way to end it I know /.\ I didn't know what else to write, so I ended it there.

The next chapter is Christmas :D I'm so excited to write it :3

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 400+ READS!!!!!

it seems like every time I update, I gained another 100 reads :3 I like it !

Ily guys and I'll update soonnnn!

-PadfootTheAnimagus xx