Chapter 8 - A new beginning?

Hey everybody. I had a strange idea, and I hope you like it. Modesty (you know the creepy Little adopted sister of Credence) was one of my favorite characters, especially because we don't know much about her. We don't even know if she is a witch or what happens to her after the movie. So, I did my Research and in the Warner Bros casting call it says: A haunted Girl with the ability to look into the Psyche of other People. (like that). This inspired me. And the result is part of this chapter.

Enjoy,

xoxo Leviosa

A/N: I've now watched the new movie!! I don't think there are any Spoilers in my Story, because J.K. Rowling is the queen of plottwists. Hope you enjoy the Story as well as the Crimes of Grindelwald movie!

Chapter 8

"It's gonna be okay", the only words that broke through the silence. It was weird to hear an other voice than his own, after so many days alone. Was he dead or was he alive? Probably both. The sound of this voice calmed him down, just like the comfortable bed he waslying on and a surprising strength inside him. As he opened his eyes, in front of him stood a girl, in his age, maybe older. Credence winced for a second, because he saw the same pain in her eyes as in his. She was pretty, but her eyes demandd attention and fear, as if she wanted the world to look at her and be scared of what they saw. "Who are you?" The girl seemed surprised but happy that he woke up. She thought about his question. "My name is Mal" "Mal like Malena?" Credence could see her brain working fast. "Umm... Yes" She had almost no accent. "What happened? Where am I?" "You are in the Circus Arcanus. You... almost died. Because of this dark force inside you. I don't even know why I took you here, it's just... I remember my life feeling the same, before I found the Circus. But now I've realized: there is always a better reason to live than to die" Credence looked at her. Malena had saved his life, and all he had done to thank her was asking questions. "Thanks. Thanks for saving my life, Malena" He had no idea why a complete stranger would save him. And whatever she did had certainly saved his life. "If you want to, you can stay here. This is a circus, we show our "talents" or make artistic things. It's basically like a human freakshow, just with magic. Everyone in our circus is accepted, because he is different. Some of us have horns or are half demon, some can see through walls. But we all have something in common: we are not tolerated by the non-magic people nor the wizards. The circus can help you to become stronger and fight against it or live with whatever you are carrying. Half of the people that work at the circus are carriers of a curse. Me, for example. You also get free food and a place to sleep. If you want to, you can stay with us as long as you want or until... you know, Nicholas Flamell turns up again" He had already decided. This was the place, where people accepted him. If Malena had been able to save him from dying, if she had been kind enough to help some stranger, than the rest of the Circus couldn't be that bad.

"Welcome to Circus Arcanus. What's your name?", Skender asked him. Skender was a tall man, he was a head taller than Credence but apparently there were people much taller than him in this Circus. "Credence" "No surname?" Credence didn't want to hae the same name as Mary Lou, the person he had hated the most. His fostermother didn't deserve him, didn't deserve that he would carry her surname. "No surname" "Then, welcome to the Circus Arcanus, Credence. We are all glad that you found your way out of the darkness into our tent" Skender was right, the circus was basically a huge tent and some normal tents for the artists. The tents were bright and warm and Credence felt better than before, maybe the trip to Paris had really changed something. "If you want to, you can train your abilities, your control. And if that works well, you can work in the circus. You could get your own show, but only if you want to. We don't force you to anytthing, Credence", Mr. Skender was the kind of person, who brought peace into the world just with his presence. He was always calm and kind and that transfered to everybody in the Circus. "Umm... With whom should I train then?", he asked. "Mal would do it, but you can train with everyone. Everyone here is happy to forget their problems for a short time period" Here were other people, that had similiar problems. He would never be alone. "I'll stick with Malena, if that ain't a problem" Skender lifted both eyebrows and smiled at him. "Malena? Yeah, I don't think that's a Problem"