Chapter 21 - Grindelwald's plan

Hello everybody. Hope you like the story and I'd really appreciate getting reviews, hearing your opinion on my writing would be amazing.

xoxo Leviosa

Chapter 21

"Barebone, Modesty!", it came from in front of her. Insecurely, she stood up from the floor, after she crawled out from under the teachers table. She looked down at her blue school uniform (Ilvermornys colour was blue), which was covered in dust. Some students laughed at her, as she stood there, but Modesty stared at the four stone statues in front of her. One was a giant bird, a huge snake, an animal what seemed similar to a mountain lion and a kind of goblin creature. Eulalie had taught her the names of the house creatures: the thunderbird, the horned serpent, the wampus and the pukwudgie. She looked around, searching for the person that had called her. No one there. The teachers were all at the teachers table and watched her having absolutely no idea. She heard a student shout: "Is she a no-maj?" And another: "Don't listen to him, he's an idiot" Modesty turned around, staring at the people that had said these words. "It is quite inpolite to interrupt the sorting ceremony", the voice said again. Modesty was probably crazy. One of the statues spoke to her, the thunderbird. "So, let me see. You are a fascinating person, Modesty", said the bird. "I see a will to go against rules, which is quite interesting. You seem to have a heart, which is good", some students laughed but instantly went quiet, as they saw the sparkling eyes of the horned serpent staring at them as a warning. "I want her", the pukwudgie said directly. "Shut up, she is mine. I mean... Sorry, for the quite inpolite word choice, she should be sorted into my house", the thunderbird interrupted. "Don't fight about students, we don't want them to think we're a living freak show, which we kind of are, but they should respect us, so please behave in front of the kids", the horned serpent commented. "She belongs into my house, everyone. After everything, she did to get here, she should get the house she wants, but I tell you, she is destined to become one of my students" "Don't play her childhood against her" "She is a warrior, I'm telling you. And don't even try to change my mind in this. She knows what she wants and no one will hold her back from getting it. Wampus – proven", the wampus said. Than began a mess, every house sign began to talk, until the horned serpent said: "She should choose in which house she wants to go. Like we always do. So where do you belong, Modesty?" Modesty closed her eyes and saw, like every time. But this time, she looked into herself, not into herself. Was she really a rebell, was she really someone who got what they wanted. She thought back to her toy wand. She had hid it from Mary Lou, but it was one of hundred little acts of rebellion. You came all the way to Mount Greylock, by foot. You walked two days, ran through woods and climbed on a lot of mountains. I think we all know where you belong, she heard the voice of the wampus in her brain. "I choose Wampus", she said clearly. No one would stop her. And maybe her dream would really come true, if she chose to believe that she was unstoppable.

"So what is phase two of your plan?", Vinda asked him. Grindelwald almost laughed. "It is a secret part of the plan, I will tell you only if necessary. Sometimes it is better to not know things, Vinda" Meant that he hadn't really thought about it and even if he had, she should not care. She was just one f his acolytes, nothing special, she had only one purpose: to die when needed. But no one of the three knew why especially they had been chosen. "Every one of you will get a task. You won't tell anybody from this task, not even your friends, family or other acolytes. Not even each other. This task is important, really important for all of us. This is why I chose you three to be my first mates, you are the only ones able, strong enough to fulfill this task. There are rules for the tasks: you have to try your best, to prove that you really would do anything for the greater good. Because if you don't, the world as we want it to be, it is not going to become what we want it to. Believing in a cause is important, but hard work is as important if not more important. So, first, I will tell Vinda her task, because she seems so curious to know", he said. They didn't know how stupid they were, they had no idea how genius his plan was. They didn't know. And it made him feel better, they would not ruin his world. No one could stand in his way, except himself.