It's All Good, Part 1

Dorian:

“You've got to be kidding. This is torture!” I cried, fisting the plush gray sweater.

“It's a good school, babe and the uniforms aren't that bad. I think they're classy.” I pouted hard core, aggravated in general about the whole idea of going to a private school, and worse than that, it was a freaking Christian Academy! I was going to get eaten alive and beaten.

“Remember how we moved here so I couldn't be hurt anymore? How is going to a Jesus school gonna help that?” I muttered, I knew I was whining and I hated it, I hated that after everything I had been through over the last year I still hadn't grown up enough to not act like this.

Vince chuckled and tossed the box holding all of our video games on to the floor and wrapped me in his arms, kissing my pouting lips sweetly. “It'll all work out, Dorian, it's okay, mom and Jim got the idea from Laurie and Thalia, it's the school Alexander goes to.” he grimaced, no doubt at the idea of me going to the same school that Alex went to. “Anyway...as you've seen, Alex is super out there, I think he stepped out of the closet dressed in drag with a tiara and rainbow confetti blasting Strut by Adam Lambert.” I chuckled at the mental image of Alex doing just that. “And if he hasn't been crucified yet, I think we're safe, okay?”

You're right,” I sighed, “but I still hate the uniform. It's dull and gray washes me out.”

“I dunno, I like what it does to your eyes.” His eyes hungrily roamed my prep school sweater clad chest as he came closer to me.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Mm-hm.” he hummed, wrapping his arms gently around my waist.

The door popped open and grace stuck her head in grinning. “Hey boy I just wanted to—oops! Was I interrupting something? I'll just come back later. Do you boys need anything before I go? Snacks? Drinks? A condom?”

“Mom!” Vince cried, wrapping his arms tighter around me to hide my burning face.

“Well, you guys need to be careful! Dorian could get pregnant or something!” she huffed.

“MOM!”

“GRACE!” we protested at the same time. “I'm gay, not a girl!”

“Well, dear, you never know! You could be a hermaphrodite.” she shrugged and wandered off, leaving Vince and I floored.

“How does she do that?” I asked, exasperated.

“Dunno, but she always has. That's why I'm still a virgin right there. I mean, I'm grateful for it now, because of you, but sheesh!” Vince rolled his eyes and went back to unpacking our video games. I silently rolled over off the bed and went to the box with all my new jeans, thankfully, Grace and Jim decided that no son of theirs, no matter how bad that sounded, was going to wander around in ''so last seasons rags'' according to Grace, so they took me shopping the second we got here yesterday morning at the ungodly hour of six thirty.

Apparently trendy people don't need eight hours of freaking sleep from where they stand around drinking coffee and being trendy and smart.

Stupid trendy people and their unhealthy fascination with coffee.

I lovingly pulled each new pair of pants from the box arranging them in the left side of the walk in closet starting at the back with my skinniest skinny jeans to the front with my more average slightly baggy jeans. Vince didn't think he'd like them until he saw them on me, riding just a little low, exposing my hip bones, then he was all about them and insisted his mom get me at least four pair, one in each shade of denim and one stressed dark wash pair. Why rich people like buying their clothes brand new with hole in them instead of just heading down to Goodwill and getting them like that the honest way, I'll never know.