It's All Good part 2 of three

MINXY:

It's happening again. I thought, looking at Alexander's love struck expression as he gazed out the window at the house across the street.

“No, Alexander, no! Bad boy! He's taken, you told me so yourself.” I frowned deeply, folding my arms over my chest to keep my heart from falling out with a wet, sickening plop on Alex's polished hardwood floor. The worst part about this whole situation was that Alex was aware of just how painfully in love with him I was from a stupid confession I gave to him two years ago, despite him already being out of the closet. It was hard for both of us, and for the same reason too—he wasn't able to return my love in the same way I loved him, he told he he loved me with all his heart and that he would do anything for me, we even gave dating a shot, but he just...couldn't. In the end I broke it off, because he was trying so hard...and failing. It was hurting him and I was being selfish, trapping him by my side with my love...we didn't talk for a month before finally falling into eachother's arms crying, it was then that I decided that friendship, although bitter sweet, was at least sweeter than not having Alex at all.

Since then I had seen him fall and crash with each new boyfriend, picking up the pieces and drying his tears every time. I hated seeing him in pain, it was like someone took a knife to my heart and twisted it around no matter how often it happened.

I knew all the signs by now and this was by far, the most in love I had ever seen him...and the fastest it had progressed, normally it took him a good two weeks to reach this point.

“But, Minx, you haven't seen him.” he sighed, his eyes glazing over, tugging at my heart strings. “He's beautiful and has the biggest, saddest eyes I've ever seen.” I snorted and rolled my eyes as I always did.

I had to get out of here. I was seconds from blowing, just like I always did when he fell in love, I needed to cry and I needed to cry NOW.

“You are such a sadist.” Gee, am I the pot or the kettle?

“I am not!” he whined, falling back onto the window seat. “He's just got this aura that draws me in!” like I hadn't heard THAT one before. What was his name again? Jackson? I dunno, something redneck-ish.

“You're spending way too much time around your hippie mom.”

“I spend time with mommy Thalia too.”

I flicked his forehead, making it crinkle up. “Apparently, not enough time to pick up the common sense to see an obvious lost cause when you see one.”

“He's not a lost cause!” he cried, flinging his arms around to make me stop flicking him. “he's just temporarily out of order...” he huffed, dramatically casting his gaze to the window, watching as the twerp unloaded a couple boxes from the back of a minivan, laughing at something his boyfriend was saying.

“Wow...I had no idea that you were so adamant...tell me, is it nice there in Denial Land? You know denial's not just a river in Africa right?”

“Oh, ha ha.” he grumbled, folding in on himself and resting my chin on my knees, looking sad.

“Oh, you like that one? I've got a million more, O' Oblivious One.” I joked, my eyes stinging painfully. If only he knew what he was doing to me...

“Cute, really it is.” he flashed me a sarcastic smile.

“Well, much as I would love to hang around and bust your balls I have bigger fish to fry I'm THIS close to convincing my mom that I'm old enough to move out now.” I squeezed her thumb and forefinger together until they were very nearly touching then slapped him in the back of the head and left. It was a lie, I didn't want to move, I wanted to be right here with him, just in case, ya know?