Chapter 5

5. The Infirmary

I woke up sitting up on a bed while someone was feeding me this golden paste. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I assumed this was the infirmary because of all off the medical supplies and the wounded people.  Travis was laying on a bed next to me while a girl with brown hair was forcing him to choke down nectar. Derek was sleeping in the chair next to me, moaning something about apples. I glanced at the person feeding me. She had pretty curly blond hair and stern gray eyes. She put down the bowl and frowned. "Our generation has too many people drooling in their sleep!" She stood up from her chair and started walking to the door.

"H-hey! Wait!" I tried to step out of bed, but my legs felt like lead. I gripped onto Derek's chair to get back up. "W-who are you?" I croaked.

She stopped and hesitated but answered proudly, "I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and war. Who are you?"

"Julie Ling, undetermined." She nodded and her facial expressions sympathized to rock-solid instead of steal. I slowly wobbled to Travis. "Is he alright?" I asked as I inspected him for any major injuries. The cut on his head faded away to a long, white scratch, but he still wasn't waking up.

"He'll be fine," a voice said from behind me. I jumped, turning around gradually. A boy that looked exactly like Travis stared at me, as if I would make an interesting victim. I quickly hopped over my bed and grabbed the ribbon that was lying on the table next to it. As soon as my skin made contact with the ribbon, it transformed into my buddy, Σκιά θηρίο. I swung it in front of him.

"You'll never take me alive, Travis's alien clone! You'll have to kill me first!" I lunged at him, but Annabeth reflected my attack with her knife.

"Julie, he's Connor Stoll, Travis's brother!" I gasped, lowering my sword. I immediately blushed, feeling so stupid, jumping to conclusions. I started mumbling apologies while Connor smirked.

"You know, you'd make a perfect victim to prank with Travis!" My face whitened and he chuckled. "It seems you know a bit about my brother, but it's time to learn about me!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the exit. "Don't worry, this will be fun! I'll show you around camp and introduce you to people!" I squirmed around, trying to free myself, when Derek finally woke up.

He seemed puzzled for a few moments, but then he spotted me in the clutches of Connor and karate-chopped his head. "Don't touch her!" he yelled, pointing a very accusing finger at Connor. The brown-haired girl dragged Connor onto a chair and somehow commanded the nearby potted plant to handcuff him. I would have been surprised and shocked, but with everything I saw that day I was prepared for anything.

"I am so sorry about him! He's a...well.....an idiot like his brother. I'm Katie by the way!" She smiled, like nothing happened about 30 seconds ago.

"I'm um.....Julie. Can someone show me to Chiron and Mr.Dionysus?" I awkwardly stood there behind Derek, waiting for someone to reply. Katie looked at Annabeth, but she shook her head.

"Sorry, but I got to train with Percy, soon!" She looked at Derek, who waved his hands no.

"I...uh got to see Grover and ask him what I missed!" With that, he shuffled away, leaving me in an awkward situation.

Katie sadly shook her head. "I can't either, I'm ordered to look after Stoll here. Maybe you should rest a bit more, you do look awfully tired." I stubbornly stood my ground and scowled.

"I'm fine, thank you very much. I'll just look for Chiron myself," I limped over to the door, only to have it slammed into my face as he, Percy Jackson, and Black-eyes walked in.