chapter 4

Lily was woken up with the sound of giggling, rudely interrupting her dream of her real parents. The memories were a blur and as years pass by the face, the voice, and the memories soon start to disappear. Little by little. But, her dreams kept the memories alive and the face of her mother specifically sort of there. She would be missing her whole facial components, but her hair, her body, and her personality was still there.

Lily groaned and let her hand slowly caress her pillow. She frowned with her eyes closed as she noticed her pillow was quite stiff and not as soft as it was in the night. Lily opened her eyes to see a young turtle named Leo as her pillow. She let her ears lead her eyes to the direction of where the giggling was coming from. Her eyes met upon Donnie and Mikey holding a camera out. She saw Raph, leaning on the door frame, crossing his arms, with a furious look.

"What are you guys doing?" Lily whispered with an angry tone, upset about the look she was getting from Raph, but at the same time she didn't want to wake up Leo. 

"So... I see my older brother finally got himself a girl. Right? Leo and you?" Mikey smirked. Lily slightly blushed in embarrassment, never actually noticing that Leo's arms was around her waist.

"Let me see the picture." She quickly sat up as she panicked, not wanting to ruin some sort of relationship that Leo had with her or that it'll affect the way he saw her.

"Sure." Donnie handed her the camera with a slight chuckle.

Lily looked at the picture. She was laying on his chest, finally understanding why her pillow was so stiff and strong all night long and if you examine the picture closer, you could actually see that he had his arm around her waist.

"Are you going to keep it, Lily? As a memory?" Mikey giggled as he teased her. That rose Lily's temper up a notch to the point where she just wanted to grab the camera and throw it, but that's when she remembered that she's in their house and she had to respect them.

"What happened?" Leo slowly sat up with a small yawn while Lily watched Raph leave the room.

"You were with your girlfriend." Mikey teased, "Look." Mikey handed the camera to Leo and quickly stood up and ran off, knowing what would happen next.

Leo just stared at it. It was embarrassing, but yet, he was happy that Lily spent the night feeling comfortable beside him, "I'm going to get you for this" Leo blushed as he quickly stood up and chased after Mikey.

Lily giggled as Donnie followed after Leo to stop him from hurting Mikey in any way. Meanwhile, Lily looked around the room, it was somewhat organized but it'll do for her taste of clean. She got up and headed to the living room. In the living room, she saw Raph, having his eyes focused on the screen of the tv, "Hey Raph!"

Raph's seriousness was taken over with fear as he quickly stood up, "Master Splinter!"

"What? Master Spl-"

"Who is this, my son?" Lily jumped, startled by the voice behind her. She quickly looked behind and saw a gigantic rat, just standing there, all calm and looking straight at Raph. She didn't know how to react, in fear or just simply pass out.

"Sh-She's Lily."

"What is she doing here?" The rat asked.

"Well she saw us and she got shot by her own mother, so we- I brought her here. I'm sorry sensei." Raph bowed down, "I knew I should have warned you, but I thought it'd be best if I didn't for some reason. I don't know why I thought that would be good. Please forgive me."

"Raphael, you know bringing strangers here is not acceptable. You could have put your brothers in great trouble if she actually was a spy from the foot clan. It's not unforgivable but you will be given a punishment. Your punishment will be-" Before the rat, also known as Master Splinter could finish his sentence, Lily interrupted him.

"Wait! He helped me from getting killed by my foster mother, Kina. If it weren't for him, I would've been dead by now!" Lily said, worriedly, "Don't give him any punishments. Please."

Splinter examined the young girl and smiled slightly, "It will not be a severe punishment. He'll be doing everybody's chores in the house as a punishment." He smiled as played with his beard, "Lily, right? You can call me Master Splinter."

"Nice to meet you, Master Splinter. I apologize for being a bothersome and not asking you, who I believe is like the teacher and father of the turtles."

"Oh no. It's alright. Please, make yourself at home." With that Splinter left. 

Lily looked back at Raph and smiled, "Raph? You said you brought me some clothes. Can you tell me where you left them?"

"On the kitchen table." Raph pointed to the direction of the kitchen and slowly sat back down on the couch.

She walked to the kitchen, going through a luggage of clothes and finding her secret wooden box in it, thanking Raph in her mind for brining it. It contained the money she hid away from Kina, the money that would help her leave the house and pursue her dream of being a psychologist. She took out the money and stuffed it in her backpocket before grabbing a jacket and heading out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Raph asked, watching Lily. 

"Going to bring something to eat for breakfast." Lily smiled, "Want anything in particular?" 

"I just want you to be careful." Raph responded.

"Thanks Raphie." She teased, enjoying the face Raph made each time she said his nickname. 

Lily walked out and made her way up to the surface. For the first time in forever, after spending years with the same foster mother, growing up with her, and dealing with everything. It felt nice finally be free. She felt a weight has been lifted up from her shoulder.

Soon her mind came across with the thought of what she was going to get for the turtles for breakfast. She thought and thought before making her way back down to the sewers. She went back to the lair and came across with Raph.

"Raphie. Tell me, honestly. Is there anything you want in particular for breakfast?"

"Since you called me Raphie. No."

"Fine. No breakfast."

"Mikey can make us pizza." Raph responded, never lifting his eyes from the screen of the tv.

"What else can he make?" Lily asked.

"Stuff you won't like cause it is disgusting." 

"Okay.... have you tasted pancakes?"

Raph's eyes grow, "What is that?"

"It's a tasty morning food. I can make it, but-"

"But what?" He asked.

"But nothing honestly. I was just thinking out loud again." She giggled before running off. 

After grocery shopping, she brought the ingredients back to the lair so she can make the pancakes, syrup, milk, and Hershey chocolate syrup, cups, and plates. She prepared the pancakes and put two pancakes on the turtles plates, splinter, and on my plate. She put milk in each cup, and put chocolate syrup in my milk. She put the food on the table.

"Guys! Breakfast is ready!" She yelled in glee, "And it's for you too, master splinter!" The turtles ran in and sat on the table chairs, but master splinter came in walking, taking his time to get there.

"What is this, dudette? Alien food?"

Lily was about to protest but splinter answered his question. "They are pancakes, my sons."

"Do they taste good, sensei?" Mikey asked.

"It taste better than your cooking, Michelangelo" Splinter answered and everybody laughed to his response.
============================================
I'm done! Yes! So riddle of the day is;

We see it once in a year, twice in a week, and never in a day. What is it?

Comment, vote, and follow!

Smooches!