여덟

All Jungkook could hear was the beating of his own heart, accompanied with some chatter of other couples in the park.

"So? Deal or no deal?" Chaerim couldn't contain the grin spreading on her face. Jungkook couldn't either.

"Deal." Jungkook replied a little too fast, his voice a little muffled due to the fact that Chaerim's hand was still clamped over his mouth, "How about next Saturday? I could-"

"Well, how about now?" Chaerim suggested, her eyes brightening. Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed.

"Now? But didn't we just ea-"

"Oh, please. Those portions in that restaurant were tiny. Don't tell me you're actually full." Chaerim smirked, seeming to challenge the man sitting in front of her. Jungkook couldn't believe that Chaerim had interrupted him twice and he didn't even feel the least bit angry.

"Fine, you're probably right. Where do you want to go?" he asked politely, feeling a grin appearing on his face.

Chaerim rubbed her chin, leaning forward as her long black hair flowed with the breeze, emphasising the crisp sakura perfume she had on, "You up for tteokboki?" 

- - - - -

The duo had decided to take a slow walk to a tteokboki stall around the street corner which was infamous for clossing at midnight. On the way, the both strolled side-to-side, playing 20 questions as to get to know each better, hoping to receive a new first impression through the little effort.

"What's your favourite food?"

"Anything, to be honest." Jungkook replied, shrugging his shoulders as he kicked a mini stone away, watching it roll along the pavement and resting at a healthy patch of grass, "But I do love a good kebab."

"What are your favourite colours?"

"Red, Black and White." Jungkook grinned, revealing two adorable front teeth which poked out slightly, giving him an adorable look and softening his features. Chaerim felt weak in her knees.

"Well, Ms. Kim, what are your favourite genres of books?" Jungkook asked as Chaerim rolled her eyes.

"Are you serious?" she asked, chuckling, "It's dark angst of course." she grinned, watching Jungkook's eyes widen, "and of course I read smu-"

"Too much info!" Jungkook yelled, closing his ears playfully as a dark red painted his cheeks. Chaerim clutched her stomach, howling in laughter.

"I'm just kidding, doofus. It's romance, the fluffy type." she winked, watching as Jungkook sighed in relief. He really was such an adorable being. Suddenly, a whiff of something delicious hit her nose, making her stomach grumble and her legs suddenly speed up, "Tteokboki!" she yelled in sheer joy as Jungkook hurried to keep up with the girl, chuckling to himself and marveling over her innocent cuteness.

Licking her lips, Chaerim's eyes dilated at the goodness in front of her, boiling hot tteokboki, steam escaping from the large metal container as the woman poured a sweet viscous boiling vibrant red sauce all over the hot red rice cake which absorbed the sauce almost immediately.

"Three portions please!" Chaerim yelled happily, jumping up and down in excitement as the old woman in front of her smiled a gummy smile, wrinkles gathering at the corners of her lips and eyes.

"How did you know I wanted two portions?" Jungkook asked, panting as he watched the old woman skillfully pour the sauce into the small plastic bag filled with tteokboki.

"Wait, you wanted two?" Chaerim squeaked, calling the old woman once more, "할머니 ( grandmother )! Please give us four portions then!" she yelled as the old woman nodded in understanding, chuckling under her breath. Jungkook shook his head in disbelief, this girl was impossible.

The old woman finished preparing the steaming warm tteokboki, handing it over to Chaerim who immediately popped one into her mouth, breathing out hot steam as she realized how hot the tteokboki actually was.

"Be careful!" Jungkook suddenly exclaimed in concern, using a finger to wipe off some sauce from Chaerim's lip. 

For some odd reason, right at that moment, the surroundings dulled around Chaerim and she could've sworn someone had muted the rest of the entire world because the only thing she could actually concentrate on was Jungkook's soft fingertip lying on the tip of her mouth, stroking it and his doe eyes looking at her mouth in concern, eyebrows furrowing. 

Jungkook noticed how she had suddenly stilled as well and his cocky personality shone once again as he had the sudden idea to try a little seduction, taking his thumb away from her lips and putting it into his own mouth, licking off the sweet glaze in a painfully slow manner as his gaze darkened, drilling into her soul. Chaerim felt a heart attack forming.

The grandmother sighed, "Couples these days," she muttered, "how adorable."

- - - - -

Yep, I'm going to finish this today.

Jungkook suffers from duality issues skkks

- Juverine