Fiddle and Faddle go to swim but I am invited to stay the weekend

My second day I saw Jack for the first time.  I was wearing a blue dress. My hair was down and I was wearing minimal make up. Jack was just walking down from his home when I arrived at work.  

"Cressida.."  He said in his somewhat posh boston accent. 

"Mr. Kennedy, how are you?" I answered. I did not ask about his job (which we were approaching). 

"I am good. This is your second day?" He knew, his assistant had mentioned it and so had fiddle and faddle. But he did not want anyone to know the reason why he is extending this invitation to me. 

"You sent me the roses yesterday, sir." I reminded him simply and went to my desk.  I did not know that Jack (notice I refer to him as 'Jack' rather than the formal 'John' it is residual from my romance but... I will talk about that later) was watching me walk away. I went to my seat and my boss the chief of staff, Kenneth O'Donnel, another Irishman sent me to talk to Mr. Kennedy's assistant. 

I was trying to remain optimistic that  Mr. O'Donnel  was unknowing of JFK's' reputation. That would prove to be untrue. Everyone in the white house knew about him. Jacqueline Kennedy would tell me that she was 'ok '  with me due to my discreet nature. But anyways, I went to the presidents assistants desk to leave the papers.  The door to the oval office was opened so I could see in but I couldn't go in. You have to be invited. 

Well, I thought I wouldn't go in. Well, he was free and his chief of staff had called and said that  I was the one who was coming. It was a five minuete walk but I was deemed important enough that he would get informed of my approach.