Dinner Dates

A couple hours later, I approached the oval office.  I knocked on the door briefly before hearing a 'come in.'  I walked in and the office was light. The windows open and I could get a good look at the world beyond.  He remained at his desk and said "So you go to lunch with..."

"It's not like we can go to lunch. Gene is... not interested." I said simply. 

He looked at me and said nothing. 

"So did you think about my question? and about why I keep coming?" 

"You keep coming due to work.. nobody has seen you come to this office after work...." 

"Yet" I interject

"Yes,  now for the question Were you for or against appeasement during world war II? That is random. " 

"Yes it is but mainly I want to hear mr. War Hero's Point of View."

"Appeasement for Britain against Germany was important. Britain would have been in an worse position than they were. Britain would have been fighting Germany for two years rather than one." 

"So you were an appeaser but not to the extent.." 

I wanted to know his point of view not for any reasons but I wanted to know. I wanted a glimpse in his head the one that would be legendary for compartmentalization. 

I didn't stay for very long, his wife was upstairs and so was his mother. He wanted to see me to show he still had a place.

At the Dinner, Gene and his partner,  Mark,  were sitting far apart due to rather prejudiced beliefs and illegality.  I had stayed in the same clothes I wore all day. I brought along Charlie (Charles Astor) who  had surprised me that day. I love Charlie and his charm helped me out of tough and annoying situations.  

"You look..." Gene started looking at Mark for support and then at Charlie "like a young.." Charlie interrupted "a young JFK" 

He did. Undeniably, I have a type and that type looked like JFK apparently. Charlie is an ardent republican but he voted for democrats mainly JFK and Bill Clinton. Charlie (this is looking back) never believed in Nixon. He would rise in the republican party. 

I love him. 

I was in love with him

I guess compartmentalization was my strong suit too..