Handed Over

I was escorted through the groundbridge, my servos held a little forcefully behind my back by the Autobot Arcee, though I understand her hesitance to give me any lee-way. We waited for a moment or two in the mostly dirt and rock filled area, before a groundbridge appeared, and Shockwave stepped through. The Autobot warrior clenched my servos tighter behind me and my smile turned into a cringe as I did my best to lessen the pain, and not show weakness, but I failed miserably.

         "Let my assistant go." Shockwave commanded, and the Autobot Arcee let go, making me stumble towards Shockwave, who came forward to catch me just in case I did fall. I didn't, thanks to his firm, yet gentle hold, "An energon mine location, as promised," he threw a USB at Ultra Magnus, who caught it, nodding.

         "Thank you for your cooperation," he stated before the two left, and I lost all feeling in my legs from the anxieties that had built up.

         "They said you were unharmed," I heard Shockwave say as he kept me from hitting the hard ground.

         "J-just my circuits breaking," I groaned as a helm ache formed, "Though my arms still sting."

He looked to the once fatal wounds that were almost invisible, but his practiced optic noted the small impurities that resulted in the reforming of my own melted metal. He made no sound as he inspected the delicate armor, brushing a digit over the more warped parts.

         "They swore they would not harm you."

I smiled tiredly at his uncharacteristic protectiveness, he lowered the two of us down so that he was sitting on the ground, and me curled up in his arms, my legs dangling over his canon.

         "That was before they called you," I said, my helm resting on his chassis, "They tried to press for information."

         "And did you tell them?"

I shook my helm.

         "Why?"

Looking up to him with worn out optics, I smiled at his obviously curious tone.

         "I didn't want to lose your trust."

I felt him hold me tighter to his chassis, still gentle, and thoughtful of my condition.

     We stayed here for quite some time until the moment was interrupted by my comm buzzing in my helm, and I winced at the sudden high pitched annoyance. Placing a servo to the side of my helm, I answered.

         |:(Y/D)?:|

         "Hi carrier."

         |: Thank Primus you're alive! The Scientist said he was on his way to pick you up, I'm so glad they didn't offline you. :|

Sentiment among the vehicon ranks is rather uncommon, but not for me. Most vehicons are raised in the nursery, mostly left alone by their carriers and sires, but ever since they realized I had very thin, and delicate armor, as well as a weak spark, it was planned that I was to be offlined, but Carrier wouldn't have it, and I am eternally grateful.

         "They wanted information," I told her, "But I refused to comply to a poi-."

         |: Oh, you've made me so proud,:| my carrier interrupted |: when you get back I'll- :|

         "They know... carrier..." I interrupted her, "They forced one piece of information out of me... involuntarily... they know of us femmes."

I felt fresh tears spring to my optics at her silence, and noted the curious swiveling of Shockwave's antanea as he tried to listen, but obviously failed as he was left in the dark on the subject. The link suddenly was cut, and I brought my servo down, wiping away the few tears I could before there was to many for me to combat with my digits, already soaked with the leaking energon. Curling into Shockwave's frame, I cried, not quite caring that I was scratching my armor with my own movement to hide from the grim life I had possibly jumped into by telling my carrier what the Autobots now know. We took pride in our deceit towards them, and now that was ruined by my weakness.

         "They're going to hate me now," I muttered through my sobs.

         "That is a variable that we have yet to know." Shockwave responded, standing up as a groundbridge appeared.

     His pedes went from the rough ground to the smooth surface of Darkmount's halls. I didn't look around, afraid of who might be there to see me in my weakened state, and stayed in Shockwave's firm, gentle hold. He continued to walk, to where, I didn't know until he decided to set me down. I was surprised to find that I landed on a berth other than my own or a medical berth. I looked around the foreign area, only for my optics to land on the mech now caressing my cheek plate. I blinked, a little confused.

         "W-where are we?" I asked shakily.

         "My personal quarters," he stated.

         "Why...?"

         "You are afraid. The logical solution is to make it so you are no longer afraid."

He can see through me so easily... will I ever be able to hide anything from him?

     I felt more tears start to flow, and I tried to wipe them away, resulting in the scratching of my faceplate from already scuffing it so much from before. At this point I didn't quite care about it though. I just wanted the tears to stop, for this agony to go away and uncertainty to vanish. I gave away a long kept secret among us vehicons, forced out of me because of my malfunctions and weakness that should have been eradicated long before I had the chance to even... I don't know... what I do know is that I will have no purpose anymore. If they truly hate me, then I will no longer be able to work as a data filer, me being deemed as untrustworthy with any information. I'm a threat to our cause. I should have stayed with the Autobots, and been offlined for my treason against my faction, against my family...

     My servo was gently, though strongly pulled away from my scratched faceplate, and the tears that fell were wiped away as my arm went limp at my side. I looked into the single red optic of the mech I had come to love.

         "This condition is logical, considering your current situation," he said, usual monotone a comfort to me, "but I'm afraid it is hazardous to your health."

I let out a small giggle at this, knowing he was right.

          "Did I say something amusing?" he asked, making me giggle once more.

         "No," I admitted, "It's the fact that you're right that makes me laugh."

He was quiet for a time, antenea swiveling as he processed what I had said.

         "Your statement is not logical... but I am glad to have made you feel safe enough to smile."

My small smile widened, and I nodded. He raised his single servo to caress my cheek plate once more, to which I gladly leaned into.

         "Thank you, Shockwave." 

(He's such a gentlemech. Hope you liked it!)