Sunrises are the Best Medicine

I woke up, surprised at what I was greeted with. There was Shockwave, his optic dim as he recharge next to me, a gentle servo wrapped around me, keeping me secure and almost fitted to the side of his frame. His canon lay at his other side, stiff and cold. I listened to his spark beat for a minute or two, finding it steady, and rhythmic. I then felt my own... weak, and almost timid in it's rhythm. Why must I be so fragile? I softly sighed, and looked back to his turned helm, frowning. Why can't I be like the others? I want to be strong, dependable and, well, not hated by just about everyone.

     Shockwave began to stir, and his optic flickered to life. He looked around for a moment before looking down to me.

         "It appears you have woken up before me."

         "So it appears." I smiled curling into his frame as I tried to fall back into recharge.

We stayed like this for a good few more minutes, until the scientist said that we should get up, there was work to be done, and a Predacon to find. Luckily it didn't take long to find him.

     I yelped at the sudden knowledge of the evolved being in the lab, who turned abruptly, knocking a few jars from the upper shelf that broke into shards.

         "My severe apologies..." he muttered, and tried to pick the bigger pieces up.

         "Nononono! It's fine!" I replied, stopping him from going near the shards, "I can get them."

         "Are you sure? You're quite fr-"

         "Capable of doing my job," I interrupted, and he nodded after a moment or two of hesitance.

Shockwave walked in, noticing my hunched form as I picked up and threw away the shards, some placing small cuts on my servos, but I paid no mind.

         "Is there something you are looking for, Predaking?" Shockwave asked, and I took note of the Predacon's new name.

         "I had heard of (Y/D)'s distress yesterday, and came to... check on her... and ask if she would accompany me to the flight deck."

I dropped the shards I once had in my servo, cursing as I bent down to pick them back up again. The flight deck has always terrified me. It's always cold... very high... and if any other vehicons, or even the Seeker drones are there, I just might be pushed off the edge.

         "I do not see any reason that she cannot," Shockwave answered him, much to my horror, "You have both suffered... relatively similar distresses, though I do advise that you make sure she stays safe."

I noted Predaking's grateful smile, and threw the last of the shards away, forcing a smile as I stood between the two.

         "I suggest watching your pede," I advised Shockwave, "There may be some smaller shards strewn around."

He nodded, and Predaking and I left for the flight deck, my fear becoming evident as we neared the colder area. I forced myself to smile as he looked down to me, and he smiled back. I feel so puny next to him. He's bigger than Megatron, and much more dangerous in my opinion, yet here he was, walking me to the flight deck, acting like a little mech with a crush. I just don't get it.

     We made it the the open area, clouds gliding across the top of the flight deck. We were obvious going for trying to be sneaky, which as relatively easy in the clouds. I noted the odd vacancy of the flight deck, though that thought was quickly downed as a a group of seekers touched down from some flight maneuvers. They looked to me, and I stood closer to Predaking, which I was glad that he didn't mind.

         "There is no need to fear them while I am here," he stated, careful not to hurt me as he placed his much larger servo on my shoulder plate, "They as much come near you they will pay dearly." He snarled at the small percent of Starscream's armada, and the scrambled away. I giggle at their reaction once they left.

         "You certainly bring a presence with you." I commented.

         "Yes... I only wish it could be shared with those who never had the chance to see what I would like to show you."

         "Wha-"

My questioned was abruptly stopped as Predaking transformed, and took me up into the sky, making me quite terrified, my spark skipping several beats as it struggled to keep up with my emotions and overly strong fear of heights... there's a reason why I liked Darkmount better. We were grounded...

         "Predaking I know you mean well..." I kept my optics shut tight, "But please... put me back down!"

The rush of air pounded in my helm, making me overly cold, so my cooling fans were no help in this situation, only making me colder as my anxieties rose higher with each sudden rush of air that resulted in Predaking's exceleration. I held tight to his armor, making thin gashes appear on my servos from holding so tight. Suddenly the gusts of wind turned to a cool breeze. and Predaking's wing beats became less frequent. I mustered up the courage to at least open my optics, and found the sun rise.

         "Oh my..."

     I looked to the slowly rising pinks and oranges, slight greens turning into the light blues that would soon be the bright skies I only wished I could drive under. We were over the clouds, and their white color blinded me even more than the slowly rising sun that's beauty seemed to have no limits. Predaking landed on a high mountain, that peaked over the clouds. My first observation was how cold it was, and how thin the air was, though the quality of the air didn't bother me, it was the frigid air that tried to freeze my fragile circuits. My pedes crunched the snow that the mountain was lightly coated with, sending shock of frozen pain up my legs.

         "Th-this is really, pr-pretty Predaking," I admitted, "B-but my c-c-core can only withstand these t-t-temp-temperatures for so l-lo-long."

He responded by nudging my side, and slowly wrapped his much warmer body around me, and I found myself sitting on his massive tail, away from the freezing ground, only the wind to pierce my armor like knives, but this too was lessened as Predaking turned to make me face away from the wind, most of it being stopped by the barrier that is his body. I found him very warm, and as gentle as Shockwave as he cradled me like a sparkling. I was either a very large sparkling, or a very small Predacon youngling... Either way, I was very thankful for the warmth as we stared at the sunrise, the pinks fading and being taking over by the bright gold of the Earth's sun, and the greens fading to the natural blue.

     Perhaps I can convince Shockwave to come and enjoy the sunrise on a clear morning. It'd be a nice break from his experiments... if Lord Megatron will allow.

         "Thank you, Predaking."

(Probably a huge chapter dump about to happen, for a few stories... Thanks for reading!)