A Dangerous Plan

(ATTENTION: You may realize that Robes of Wonder is now gone, here's the explanation: That was several chapters ahead :| Sorry! SO sorry! I don't know what happened to the previous chapters that were supposed to come before that one, they got lost at some point. So I'll be fixing this and then Robes of Wonder will actually make sense! Thank you for reading, please forgive me for this grave error.)

         "We can always use another Vehicon femme," Shockwave noted, and I sighed.

         "None of them are like me, the Autobots will know."

        "It's dangerous," he set the vial of pink liquid down on the metal counter, looking to me with a gaze only I knew to be love. 

Placing my own vial down, I turned with a rather exasperated look in my optics.

         "We talked about this already, I'm turning myself in to the Autobots, then Soundwave comes after Laserbeak sends him the coordinates."

         "An illogical plan."

         "That will work, I'm sure of it."

He had placed himself a single step away from me, the both of us immovable in our opinions on the matter. Staring at each other, my blue optics faded in and out of focus as they trained on his single red one. Over these days of being in a position of authority, I've developed more of a hypothetical 'backbone', so this situation is a bit easier to handle. Shockwave didn't like this fact, and his optic grew brighter in his frustration.

         "I am unable to let you go."

         "I am unable to believe you."

Our stares held.

     There were several long seconds of silence, until his optic dimmed, and he shook his helm in defeat.

         "My position is perplexing," he admitted.

         "Your position is just fine to me," I smiled, and kissed the side of his optic, feeling an unnatural heat from it as I pulled away, "and I don't quite feel the need to apologize."

Skipping out of the usually and always quiet lab, I found Predaking waiting by the door, a true bodyguard. He smiled down to me, making a small bow, and I nodded my satisfaction of this action, my smile wide. We started our trek to find Soundwave. 

         "You smell different," the Predacon noted, "so did Shockwave."

         "Well... we're both anxious about this plan," I admitted, "There's no gaurantee it'll work..."

         "Perhaps it's that," Predaking nodded, "but I'm not quite sure." 

I was left wondering what kind of smell would leave him so perplexed, perhaps I may never know.

     We found Soundwave with Starscream, the Seeker speaking to him about something. Looking to Predaking, we both thought the same thing as we neared the somewhat traitorous high pitched squeal of the mech.

         "It's ludacris!"

         "Have you something to say, Starscream?" I questioned him, earning his startled gaze.

         "O-of course not, my lady," he stammered, "I shall take my leave."

He left, and I felt many of my anxieties leave with him.

         "Shockwave has made his opinion known," I told the silent mech, "We shall continue with our plan. Send out the message."

The message we had fabricated was sent, and I walked through the provided groundbridge into a harsh desert sun that made my armor sting with the dry heat, like a slap that lingers. My circuits prickled at the change in atmosphere, my spark giving a dull, sorrowful hum as the distance from Shockwave was finalized by the closing of Soundwave's groundbridge.