Chapter 8

"Mom?" I squeaked.

"My precious baby," my mom cooed.

She wrapped me in a tight hug, squeezing the living death out of me. We spun around so I could face Youngjae and Yeri who gave me sympathetic looks, and then to Jimin who was snickering. I flipped him off.

My mom and I hadn't exactly had the best relationship. After my dad died she kind of went into a state of deep depression. I hate to phrase it like this but she kind of forgot about her ten year old child. So as a ten year old I had to learn how to get by on my own. I usually "borrowed" money from her so I could buy food and make Youngjae and I dinner. I had to play the big sister even though we were twins. It wasn't like I hated my mom. She was my mom at the end of the day. But there was definitely some broken stuff that needed mending.

"How are you sweetheart?" She asked warmly.

"I'm good. What are you doing here?" I asked still in shock.

"Well my poor baby just got released after a car accident, and Youngjae was telling me about the dinner so I thought I'd come by to see you," she explained.

I bit my tongue, holding in the question I'd been wanting to ask.

Her gaze drifted to Jimin who was still standing outside.

"Oh you must be her boyfriend! Come inside darling you'll freeze!" She exclaimed.

"Mom, he's not my boyfriend!" I protested.

"Well he should be. If he's not your boyfriend who is he?" She questioned.

I was going to say a pain in the neck but Jimin beat me to it, "I'm registered nurse I guess you could say. I'm more like an aid though. She got released from the hospital and physical therapy a lot earlier than most people so I was called in to monitor her. Make sure she regains muscle, takes her meds, eats right."

I rolled my eyes, going over to Youngjae and Yeri.

"I'm so sorry. I did not think she'd come over," Youngjae said.

I sighed, "It's okay. Really. Maybe it'll be good for us to talk. But it's going to be really hard not asking her."

"I know sis. But you've just got to bite your tongue and leave the question unanswered. You've already got enough tension between the two of you, and asking that will just make the problem go in the opposite direction," Youngjae said.

I nodded, giving Yeri a hug since I didn't hug her when I came in.

"How are you Yeri?" I asked.

"I'm good. Really good actually," she stopped and looked around. "I want to show you something."

She revealed a pretty diamond ring around her finger.

I looked at Youngjae in shock.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, wrapping the two of them in a hug.

"Thanks Y/N," they said.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" I squealed.

"Yeah we're really excited," Youngjae said.

"Good job baby brother," I teased.

"One we're twins, two I'm older than you by like ten seconds!" He whined.

"Sure," I joked.

We all gravitated toward the dining table, making small talk with each other.

Now I don't know what Jimin was doing, but his leg kept brushing against mine. And it was highly irritating.