Chapter 10

One Month Later

One month of the same routine. One month of him giving me sympathetic looks, but canceling it out with his annoying routines and robotic lifestyle. One month of living this way.

Jimin was out of the house to go buy groceries but he accidentally left his phone. And that's when a ring on his phone caught my attention.

I went to his phone and picked it up to see someone named 'Hobi Hyung' was calling.

I didn't answer it, but I did listen to the voicemail.

"Aish, voicemail again. Hey Jiminie! It's Hobi hyung. I'm with the guys. We're really worried about you Chim. We understand that you're going through the unimaginable, but you really shouldn't go through it alone. You're slowly killing yourself if you don't let it out and talk to someone. Chim we've all been friends forever and are always just a call away. Just remember that okay? We'd like to meet up with you soon. It's been almost a year since we saw you. If you'd like to meet up give us a call. We love you Jiminie. Never forget that you have six people in your corner okay? Bye Jimin~ah."

I was about to call them back, but Jimin opened was back, so I quickly threw his phone on the couch and sat trying to look as causal as possible.

"Hey, I'm back," he said softly.

After setting the groceries down he came and grabbed his phone.

His face fell.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh nothing," he said, taking his phone with him.

I followed him into the kitchen, eyeing his phone.

"Y/N? You've taken an interest in watching me cook now?" He said.

"As if you haven't done so many times," I retorted.

As his back was turned I made my way closer to him and his phone.

I was so close to pressing the home button, but he whirled around and caught me.

"Snooping around are we?" He said.

I rolled my eyes, leaving the kitchen and stomping frustratedly to my room.

I sighed, flopping onto my bed.

"Detective Choi your dinner is ready!" He called.

I got up giving him an annoyed look.

"Fair warning for you detective, if I catch you looking at my phone again there will be hell to pay," he said, a hint of anger in his voice.

Jimin was like that person who could go to the very end of a scale both ways. He had a very fluffy and kind side and the side where he could murder you with a calm gaze. I had been so fortunate in receiving the latter end of the spectrum.

We ate dinner, the sound of his furious keyboard tapping serving as the only form of sound.

I was playing detective, and I wasn't afraid to.

"So what do you do on that computer anyway?" I asked.

He gave me a look, "Work."

"What kind of work?" I pushed.

"Work kind of work," he said.

I grunted, "I'll get answers sooner than you think Park. Better tell me before I find out on my own."

I put my dish in the sink, and walked back to my room.

I slipped into bed and fell asleep, feeling determined to crack the case.

"Someone please help me!" I screamed.

My entire body felt paralyzed and numb. A pain so unbearable I couldn't even feel it.

My heart was the one that hurt the most.

I wanted to be strong. I really did. But seeing you like that broke me. How much of my life did I throw away for you? How much of my life did I waste entertaining someone else? Would I even have a life after this?

I tried to move my neck, but it felt as if I was trying to move a boulder off of my body. But I'm glad I turned in time to see you.

To see you sitting bloody in the other car freaking out. Yet you still had a menacing grin.

Did you try to kill me?

You drove away. And as you left I made it clear that I would accuse you once, and then deny that you ever did it.

Because things happen for a reason right? Maybe this horrible day could bring me good fortune in the future.

Or maybe I was just protecting you because I was still in stupidly in love with you.

I woke up in a sweat, tears streaming down my face. I felt like I had just suffocated.

My head was swimming and everything was numb.

My heart was pounding out of my chest.

"I thought it was over," I sobbed.