17 | Who The Hell Is Asher

Sierra's POV

"Wake up baby, wake up," I hear someone whisper and I fight against protest to do so. "Come on baby, open your eyes. They need you to open your eyes," the same person pleads with me. I try to open my mouth, but I can't.

"Sir, move. Her heart rate is rising. She's having another attack!" Someone yells as I drift off into the black pit of uncertainty.

"Baby?" A voice croaks out, the hoarseness letting me know they have been crying. "It's me Asher, please wake up. I can't lose you. You're right, I'm scared of something. I am scared of losing you," he mumbles, squeezing my hand.

Who the hell is Asher? My mind questions and I try to open my eyes again. In the process, I feel his hand squeeze mine so I squeeze back, trying to give this person reassurance that I'm okay.

"Did her hand move?" Another voice questions and this Asher guy curses. "Shit, I don't know! Did it?" He asks and the other person swears as well. "I don't know. Do it again," the other guy tells Asher and I feel Asher squeeze my hand once more.

I squeeze again, assuming that is what they wanted me to do. "Holy fuck. She squeezed my hand. Get the doctor!" Asher yells and I feel the bed dip besides me. "If you can hear me princess, I need you to wake up now. It's been a long two days without you," he whispers and I frown.

"Doc, she squeezed my hand twice, and she just frowned. That's progress right? Do you think she's hearing what's going on? Is she going to wake up?" Asher fires off questions and I can't help but smile. Whoever he is, he must care about me.

Why can't I remember anything? And where is Austin?

"Sierra? It's Doctor Walsh. Can you hear me? Squeeze my hand if you can," he tells me and I feel his cold hand grab mine. I squeeze and I hear him chuckle. "Very good Sierra. Maybe these boys aren't crazy after all," he says out loud.

"Okay sir, I'm going to get the nurses in here to slowly take her off the sedatives and hopefully that'll help her fully awake. She's comprehending and responding very well at this rate. It's only a matter of time before she's able to open her eyes and speak," the doctor says and I hear the two guys sigh in relief.

"Thank god. Thank you doc. We'll let you know if anything else happens," Asher tells him. Not long after, I hear a door close and I feel the bed dip besides me again. "Get some rest babygirl, we need you," he whispers and I feel my body relax instantly. Something about him makes me feel at home.

Beep... beep... beep... beep...

The steady beeping of the monitor wakes me from my peaceful slumber, causing me to shift in the uncomfortable hospital bed. I go to open my eyes and smile as I mange to succeed. The bright lights blind me and I quickly shut them back, groaning.

"He-hello?" I call out, opening my eyes slowly once more. "Sierra?" That guy from before asks, not Asher but the one who is unknown. "Hold on, don't move. Let me get the doctor," he tells me as he leaves the room quickly.

Despite what he said I sit up, regretting it immediately. My head begins pounding and I feel dizzy, vomit rising in my throat. I look to my side and see the green barf bags the hospitals have and grab it, emptying whatever contents I had inside of me into it.

"Sierra, nice to see you awake. Now that you've vomited, how do you feel?" The doctor asks while giving me a soft smile. "I actually feel a little better. What happened? Why am I here?" I question and he frowns.

"Do you know who these two gentleman are?" The doctor asks, pointing to the two men standing next to him. The one looking at me with hurt and pain makes me believe he is Asher, the one who was comforting me.

"No," I mumble and I see their hearts break through their eyes. "What?" Asher questions in disbelief. "I'm sorry," I mumble. "I wish I could remember you. I know I know you because I felt safe and at home with you near me. Who are you to me?" I ask and he scratches the back of his head.

"Well um, we kind of talk?" He says with a quizzical look. "Are you asking or telling?" I ask with a smile and he relaxes. "Uh, I'm Ross. I don't really know how to explain who I am either," he tells me and I give him a small smile. "Hi Ross."

"Is she going to get her memory back?" Asher questions the doctor, breaking eye contact with me. "We are going to run some more tests since she's awake and responding. The impact of the trauma to her brain more than likely caused some short term memory loss or possibly just a small case of amnesia," the doctor tells him and I frown.

"Sierra?" The doctor asks and I look at him. "Yes?" I question, furrowing my brows. "What's the last thing you remember?" He asks and I blush in embarrassment. "Um having my boyfriend come pick me up from my moms house," I mumble and anger flashes in Asher's and Ross's eyes.

"Um, Doc?" Ross questions and the doctor looks at him. "Yes?" He asks and Asher clears his throat. "We need to speak to you," Asher tells him and I cough. "Um excuse me, but no. There will be no running off to speak. If this concerns me, tell me. What happened?" I ask, uneasiness settling in my stomach.

-

Don't kill me! Hope you enjoyed tho 😘