part five

You woke up to Chanyeol moving under you, his arm pulling out from beneath your waist. "Your phone is ringing," he whispered, his voice deeper than normal. You rolled off his arm as he reached over you and lifted your phone from the table, looking at the screen. "Who the hell would be calling you now?"

"Should I answer it?" You asked, turning to see the screen as well. It was an unknown number, not one you recognized either. The one thing that stood out was the location.

It was so far away that you could only think of one person that would be calling from there. You felt yourself tense up, clutching the sheets in your fists to stop your shaking. You had spent so much time running, thinking you got far enough where he couldn't find you. You thought that you have got far enough you were safe. You should have known better, every time you ran, he caught you.

You stared at the incoming call, not able to comprehend what was happening. If Chanyeol hadn't been laying beside you, you would've thought you were stuck in some sick nightmare. But, you weren't, it wasn't some dark fantasy in your mind. After over a year of thinking you were past him, that he couldn't get you, take you back to the hell he made for you, he found you.

Chanyeol pressed decline on the call and placed the phone back on the table. "I would answer and tell them off, but I'm too tired." Groaning as he laid back down, sinking into the mattress. He noticed your discomfort with the whole situation and pulled you up towards him. "What's wrong?"

You said nothing, only nuzzling your face into his neck, trying to hide your fear. You didn't want Chanyeol to see you like that. To see the hold, he still had on you, after all that time. The way he made you crumble into a pathetic mess. How he controlled you.

"Baby, talk to me, please." He ran his hands through your hair when he heard your cries. Tears poured down your cheeks, soaking his neck. As hard as you tried, you couldn't hold it in. Not with the passing thought about your love Chanyeol and the idea that if he knew he would destroy you both. He would spend every second trying to take you away again, not caring about who got in his way.

He wouldn't just hurt Chanyeol, he would kill him. Making sure that there was only one person you'd ever love, only him. Wrapping your arms around Chanyeol, you pulled yourself closer to him, closing any gap between you. "It was him," you cried into his shoulder, squeezing so tight around him, your arms began to hurt.

Chanyeol was at a loss for words. At first not able to understand what you had said before realizing. He cupped under your chin and lifted your face to his. "As long as I'm here he will never touch you, I promise." He leaned down and kissed the top of your head before pulling you onto his body. You spent the rest of the night like this, cuddling into him as he stroked your back.

Though Chanyeol made you feel better, you still felt the lingering reminder that he had found you and there was nothing you could do to stop it. You could run and hide all you wanted, but it didn't change the fact thathe was coming for you.

One way or another he would find you. He always did.

You didn't sleep at all. While Chanyeol had, you were left wide awake the entire night. Stuck in your own thoughts.

You needed Chanyeol. Your life started again with him, he pulled you out of the darkness and showed you the light. Showed you that the world wasn't all bad and that there was still good. Chanyeol was that good. While he was evil and dark, Chanyeol was pure and kind.

Chanyeol loved you and you loved him. For the first time in your life, you knew what love felt like. The happiness brought to you, the way it made you feel like your heart was going to burst. But, there was this voice in your head telling you it is all temporary. That in a matter of time it would all be ripped from your fingers and you would be left alone.