day 9

DAY 9

Chaewon didn't know what to do

Chaewon didn't know what to do. She didn't know if she should've helped him or just laugh and not be surprised with what he just asked. She questioned a lot of things actually.

She wondered why Mark would even go back to her if his ex-girlfriend caused him so much pain? Why would Mark even consider going back when he was doing fine without her? Chaewon was assigned to provide him company, but was she not enough for him?

It upset her that she was feeling so strange about Mark wanting his ex-girlfriend back. But maybe she felt weird because she felt bad for him.

And so Chaewon decided to help the poor boy out.

After English class, she confidently walked up and tapped Sato on the shoulder. Sato turned around elegantly—which irritated Chaewon a little— and tilted her head in confusion.

"Yes?" Sato asked with a cute smile that made Chaewon want to roll her eyes back.

"Uh, do you know Minhyung?" she questioned boldly which caused Sato to frown when she heard that name.

"Yes, why?"

"He's my friend, and I guess he wants to talk to you in person. To finally reveal himself. I guess," Chaewon replied plainly. She didn't bother to act interested because frankly, she wasn't. But she had to remember she was doing this for the poor boy Mark.

"Oh really? I'll... I'll shoot him a message and we can talk from there," Sato smiled once again, but Chaewon noticed that there was something off about her smile. She felt a complete strange vibe from Sato, and Chaewon sure didn't like it.

But, Chaewon has to remember she was doing this for Mark.

As soon as she got back home, she found Mark sitting on the couch watching TV and popping chips into his mouth carelessly.

"Chaewon you're back!" Mark cheered. "Did you talk to her for me?"

She answered in the most monotone way, "Yeah, she said she'll text you."

Mark cocked an eyebrow. He definitely noticed something was up with Chaewon. She was acting different whenever they would bring up Sato in the picture.

But Mark didn't worry too much because she was just a temporary girlfriend, and he was a step closer to getting his old one back.