day 16

DAY 16

It's almost been 24 hours since Chaewon left Mark's apartment, but she felt a little worry on her shoulders

It's almost been 24 hours since Chaewon left Mark's apartment, but she felt a little worry on her shoulders. She had to face her biggest fear—her uncle.

She had to quit. She caught feelings for one of their customers and that's definitely not allowed.

"Hello uncle," she bowed as she entered his office. She handed him a piece of paper that had big letters spelling out "RESIGNATION" and he looked at it for a brief second.

"Okay," he sighed. "That's fine."

"Uncle? That's all you're going to say?"

"What can I do? I can't control you. You're 18 years old already. You can venture out of here to work anywhere else," he smiled which took weight off of Chaewon's chest.

"Thank you, thank you so much," she cheered, giving him a big hug. "I love you always."

She ran outside to go to her friend's cafe. As soon as she entered, she saw one of Mark's friends, Jaemin. She was a bit surprised because it was already closing hours and Jaemin was still there.

"Chaewon-ah?" he called out, and she sat at the chair infront of him.

"Chaewon!" Nari yelled, giving her a tight hug. "You guys know eachother?" she pointed at Jaemin and Chaewon.

"Yeah, she's uh, Mark-hyung's girlfriend..." he mentioned, but he noticed Chaewon's face fell.

"Girlfriend? Ahh, I get it," Nari hugged her friend's head. Jaemin dismissed himself because he had to go to work, so Nari took his spot.

"I quit the service," Chaewon admitted as she let out a sigh. "I-I fell for Mark," she whined and her friend just laughed.

"That's okay," Nari tried to comfort, but Chaewon kept on whining. Chaewon noticed that Nari kept going on her phone, but ignored it. "What's the matter, Chae?"

"He's not even over his ex-girlfriend! I'm ridiculous," she tested up which made Nari panic a little. She got up and prepared hot chocolate for Chaewon and a baguette for her to munch on.

"Feelings are feelings, Chaewon. Just let it happen," she sighed as she watched her friend cry. "You'll move on sooner or later. I'm just happy you're going to be living with me again," she smiled which made Chaewon smile as well.

"I'm glad to be back," she laughed as she wiped her tears away. They both stood up as soon as Chaewon finished her cocoa so they could walk back to Nari's apartment.

There, Chaewon saw Mark panting outside of the cafe. Nari waved and giggled as she went inside to finish closing off her store.

"What's going on, Chaewon?!" he yelled at her, but Chaewon stayed silent. "Hey!"

"I told you I quit," she spat and went back inside the cafe. Mark put his hands behind his head and sighed.

"Fuck," he whispered and walked towards Jaemin who was hiding behind the pole. Jaemin tackled him with a hug, "Just let her cool down."

Mark sighed, "I'm so confused."