day 15

DAY 15

Chaewon was conflicted

Chaewon was conflicted. She had 15 more days left to spend with Mark as his fake girlfriend, but she didn't know what to do.

The feelings she had for Mark had to be sorted out. Or she would have to lose her job and be a disappointment to her uncle. Frankly, she didn't really need the job, but instead she decided to take it to make her uncle happy.

She was afraid to let go of the job that kept her close to her uncle. But she had to think about herself and accept the fact that she couldn't keep this job any longer— even if it covered the fees for her university tuition.

"Just 15 days left," she thought to herself as she sat down staring at the picture frame of Mark on the wall. She didn't know why he was so mad after she kissed him. It seemed like he enjoyed it, but now he was shouting that his first kiss was supposed to be from his ex-girlfriend who left him.

His ex-girlfriend who didn't even know who he was in real life. And Chaewon knew if Sato really knew who he was, then she would just use him.

Chaewon knew she had to be selfish, but it wasn't her business to protect Mark from her. She was too embarrassed to even face Mark, so she wouldn't leave the bedroom. It was already 11 am and she was starting to get hungry, so Chaewon decided to peek outside the door to see if Mark was there in the living room.

She heard his soft voice talking to someone on the phone, and Chaewon's nosy ass decided to listen.

"Sato? Why didn't you show up?" Mark questioned, which made Chaewon's temper go up. She was fed up with him going back to her.

"Sorry, Minhyung. I fell asleep. We can go again tomorrow night?" Sato fake-sweetness gleamed through the phone. Chaewon rolled her eyes and scoffed.

Mark sighed, "I can't tomorrow night, I have work."

"Work for what?"

"Okay, I guess I'll be honest with you knowing I'm going to meet up with you sometime. Sato-chan, I'm really—" Mark was about to expose himself until he heard a loud bang coming from the room Chaewon was in.

"Sorry I have to go," he panicked and ran to his room to check up on Chaewon who was on the floor.

"Wha?" he looked at her who sat peacefully on her phone. "What was that noise?"

"I dropped my phone," Chaewon shrugged, but she was clearly lying. Mark knew she purposely did that so he wouldn't tell Sato about who he really was.

He sighed and decided to walk out of the room to leave her alone. She hugged her knees and stared at the closet door.

Chaewon knew she couldn't stay at Mark's any longer, especially when she realized that her feelings were only getting stronger. She decided to pack all her things, and quit her job.