Valentine's Day: Alphonse x Reader

This Valentine's Day will be about my boy Alphonse! This one-shot might sound familiar to some of you, if you've ever read my Alphonse X Reader. And I'm SORRY. I've been gone for a while because of some personal shit, that, overall was not a good time. Have fun reading!

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I walk outside for a bit to stretch out. I've been helping Winry with repairing automail for a bit. Ever since The Promise Day, she's been really nervous, since Ed and Al haven't called us both at all. I walk up to a tree, and lay down with a book. I feel something hit my head gently and look up. I started to fall asleep, I look up to two blonde boys with golden eyes. The first was Ed and the second was...

Al.

I jump up onto my feet, and hug Al, causing us both to fall down. "(Y-Y/N!)"

"Why didn't you two call! You big dummies!" I dig my head into his chest, a small blush plastered on my face.

"Well.. we're alive." Ed said to me from a bit further back.

"Fine... Winry's going to be pretty excited to see you two, its been two months, you idiots!" I say, standing up to hit Ed on the head.

"Sorry! We had to let Al recover!" We start walking and talking about everything that's been happened to them. The conversation ends with Den bringing Al to the ground licking his face.

"Den!" He yells, I smile a bit, but look up to see Winry, in a state of shock as she tackles Ed and Al into a big hug, tears pouring down her face. She looks up at them, and simply said:

"Welcome home!"

~(Time-skip)~

I go over and knock on the door of Al's room. "Hey Al? Dinners almost ready." I say, letting myself into the room. Al is laying down in his bed, staring up at the ceiling in deep thought. I decide to sit down next to him.

"H-Hey (Y/N)?" He said, looking over at me.

"Yeah Al?" He seems nervous. He sits up and looks me in the eyes.

"When I was waiting for Ed to bring me back to the real world, I realized something when I was at the gate... I realized that if I didn't take a chance, then everyone would be dead. So, I-I'm going to take one now." He closes his eyes and hugs me. "I love you!"

I feel my heart start racing, I've always been to nervous to tell him, and I thought that he liked Mai, but I guess not. I feel my face heat up and I chuckle a bit. "Finally." I say, hugging him back, put my hands around his neck and smile at him. "I love you too." Then without thinking, kiss him.

I feel his heart speeding up as he kisses back, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. The nervousness in the air, both of us not wanting to mess up.

I pull away, both of us somewhat out of breath. "For someone who was in a suit of armor for a good part of his life, I didn't know you'd be so good at kissing."

His face went red.

~Two Years Later~

"You have to stay safe you know, and tell me when you're going to visit so I can come back to see you." I look up at him, since Ed and Al are going traveling, I decided to learn flame alchemy under Roy to pass time.

"I will, (Y/N), you don't have to worry, we'll be safe." I put his tie around him and start tying it, I feel a bump in a pocket of it.

"You always wear the weirdest ties. What did you do to this one?" I say, feeling the strong curve of the object.

"I think you'll like it." I push the object through with my thumb, to find a ring, with mine and his initials carved on the inside, and a small jewel in the middle.  "It looks pretty, and you're pretty, so you should have it." I look up at him, a big smile on my face.

"When you propose to someone, you're supposed to get down on one knee, you know, but, I will take it, on one condition." I say, a smile on his face.

"I'll do anything." I pull his tie down so we can see eye to eye.

"Don't die on me." I let sincerity trace my voice, his eyes look at the ring in my hand.

"Well then." He slips the ring onto my ring finger. "We have a deal." I pull him towards me and kiss him, a smile forming against his lips as he gently holds the back of my head. He pulls away from the kiss. "I love you, (Y/n)." He said, his nose pressed gently onto mine as he was looking at my eyes. I place my forehead on his, a goofy smile forming across my lips.

"I love you too, Alphonse." I peck him on the lips, before pulling away and smiling at him. "And I'll also miss you. Bye, Al."

I WAS A TERRIBLE WRITER WHEN I WROTE THIS.

I seriously didn't know what a year of writing could do to your style and grammar. But, I also don't know how the people who read the first draft of this read it. It was just a block of text, and was only 550 words.

Thanks for reading, hopefully you'll spend Valentine's Day with the one you love. Or like me, have the love of 75% chocolate at my local Walmart.

Have a good day!