Cat Café AU Part 2: Alphonse X Reader

Alphonse Elric, the nervous alchemy teacher has just gotten the number of an attractive, sweet barista at his favorite cat café, Purrfect Brew.

Currently, Alphonse is weighing out the options of asking her out on a date, while ranting to his brother and his wife.

"Just go for it, Al!" Edward, his brother that is currently a state alchemist exclaims. "If it makes you feel better, we'll evaluate if she likes you or not."

Winry quickly got up a WikiHow article. "Here! '4 Ways to Tell if Someone Likes You'! WikiHow should work with this." Winry handed Ed the laptop, a devilish smirk on his face as he tries to decipher his brother's feelings.

"Number one! Body language!" Edward shouts, pointing a finger at his little brother.

"W-When we sit next to each other, she always moves closer to me..." Alphonse muttered, his feet fidgeting a bit as he glanced around the room.

"How about friendly gestures?" Winry inquired, tilting her head a little.

"S-she's been giving me free teas... and she's been playing with cats with me ever since she started working there," Alphonse stated, his face slowly going into a realization of the possibility of mutual feelings.

"But the biggest question....." Edward started.

"Is she single?!" Winry and Edward belted in complete unison.

"Yes....." He replied.

"You're a 26-year-old man, Valentine's Day is coming up, and you'll have a break in a few weeks! Go ask her out!" Ed barked, as Alphonse tried to cool his face down at the thought of even asking her out.

"But what if she rejects me?" Alphonse groaned, sinking further into the couch.

"Look. I have this coin." Winry stands up and shows a quarter from her pocket. "Heads, you ask her out and go on a lovely date. Tails, you don't ask her out and eventually become a balding middle-aged man who's out of shape and is now hoping what if-"

"Just flip the damn coin!"

Alphonse has been in thought of his talk with Edward and Winry for a while now since it is almost the day. Despite his lack of self-confidence, he could at least try to gather the courage and ask her out. After all, he just wouldn't be able to go to his favorite cafe ever again, so what's the loss?

Everything. The loss is everything. He doesn't even know anything about her, now thinking of it.

Is she a chocolate or flower person?

Introvert or extrovert?

Bottom or to-

Let's forget that last one. But maybe, if he just gets her a genuine gift, he can win the heart of the barista.

In the meanwhile, however, he'll have to put effort into getting to learn more about her.

"Mr. Elric?" He heard a student call. Shit. He forgot he was a teacher for a minute.

The once mentioned cute and sweet barista was enjoying a leisure day, humming a tune as she washed some of the dishes and cups.

"You've been putting a lot more care into your work lately. What's up with you?" Her coworker, who's currently watching over her shoulder as she washes the last cup.

"W-Well....." The barista felt her cheeks heat up as she fidgeted with her name tag. "I've been thinking about someone lately...."

"Who?!" Her loud friend retorted, her eyes excited like a cheerful puppy dog.