Part 16

Isaacs POV

As the heavy metal door locked the cries in from behind us, I reached for Will's arm, pulling him away from the group.
"What the Hell! Is wrong with you?" I cursed at him. His eyes dulled as he stared back at me.
"She tried to escape you nut job! I wasn't going to reward her for that" he hissed back, "you think I want to lose this job?" His answer sour. I pulled him in even closer, watching the surrounding room for anyone listening in. "I can't control myself around her, you know we have history" I informed him, he seemed amused. "Seeing you do that to her almost had my hands around your neck today" I threatened, making that smug smile run off his face. "Ha! You don't stand a chance, she wants to kill you more than you want to kill me" he said blankly. I tightened my grip around his bicep, hoping to leave a mark. "You and I both know what'll happen to her, and from the look in her eyes, there's a little bit of hope in her that you would never touch her like they would" I manipulated my way through his mind trying to find he soft spot for her, he's a stupid person who would believe such a stupid lie, at least I thought so.

His arms and shoulders relaxed as he thought about her for a moment, and then stiffened as the thought vanished, he leaned towards me, taking in a breathe or two. "She's the only one who would want me to do that to her" He snickered evilly, imagining whatever fantasies he had. I reached for his throat and slammed my clenched fist into the side of his skull, throwing him to the ground, blood spilling from his lips. As the attention of the guards was on us I quickly crouched down the hoist him back up, patting his shoulder like friends. His jaw fell heavily, and his eyes lulled like I druggy. "Meet me at the show tonight, we'll talk then" I demanded as he found his balance.

I turned my back swiftly to leave the room, avoiding eye contact with anyone who just witnessed what happened. I thought of Tessa, Will's words had made themselves all to comfortable in my mind. I felt guilty, like a traitor.

Tessa's POV

Darkness crept through the bars and crawled towards me as I lay crouched in a ball. Goosebumps infected my entire body, I was shivering uncontrollably. The memories of Isaac played in my mind like old records on repeat with no stop. I squinted my eyes, not wanting to remember his face. Everything I thought that was real about us, about was, was it all a show? How could I have been so naive.

I kicked myself non stop for trusting his lying ass, for getting myself in this mess, giving up on escaping. I was almost accepting my fate, hoping I would die quickly. And in that moment the thick metal door clunked open. My eyes lifted up and fear, I gripped my arms hoping whatever was hoping was not for me, and yet, I wanted it to be. Multiple steps sounded towards my cell, every second that passed as they came closer, the odds were changing. My eyes welled with tears, my body shook and I backed up to the wall staring wide eyes at the single light leaking through in the cell. Shadows quickly approached the door and before I knew it another body was thrown in with me and the door was sealed up again.

Was this relief I felt, or confusion. I crawled over to the body thrown onto the floor to find it was a woman. Her body was wet and cold. She was littered with bruises and cuts, bleeding freshly. But worse of all, her eyes, frozen in time, electrified with her and trauma. I didn't know how to react, I lay a hand on her shoulder to shake her gently. Her small eyes fell in my direction, he watched for a moment before trying to sit up. At least she was alive. Her body was entirely skinny and frail. I wondered what had happened to her, had she tried to escape, but was given the treatment I avoided?

"Can you help me?" She asked quietly, like a child does. She turned to face the wall to reveal her bound hands. I slowly touched the plastic tie binding her wrists, which left them with open burns. She winced quietly. "Just bite it off, there's no other way" she spoke so softly I felt convinced for a second she wasn't in any pain. I leaned my head over to shew on the plastic, she but her tongue and moaned in painful. After several tries and fails, finally I could twists and pull it of. She threw her hands to her chest, caressing the wounds as her wet hair draped over her face.

"I'm Tessa" I said hesitantly, not sure if she cared who I was. I expect there would be much point in making friends in a place like this.she lifted her face to see mine and smiled tiredly. "I'm Catherine" she quickly sad. I didn't want to ask but had to know what might be in store for me. "What uh...did they do to you?" I asked immediately regretting it. She didn't look back up at me, she shuffled up against the wall to support her posture. "You don't know?" She asked already knowing the answer. I shook my head, interested and afraid of the answer. "I didn't follow my masters orders, but luckily they only beat me, and threw me in ice water for an hour" She trembled, her voice shaky as she remembered what ever it was they did to her. How is that lucky? "You haven't been called yet have you?" She asked. "Called?.." I almost understood what she meant, but with such an unfamiliar place I wasn't sure what these people were capable of.
"Chosen... by a master" as she said it she understood I was new. She seemed shocked and afraid. She scurried over towards me and hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry" she wept like a mother. "What's going to happen to me?" I asked regretfully. She didn't answer, which worried me even more.

We stayed embracing for a while until the lights were suddenly all shut off. "What's happening?" I shot up, alarmed. "Sit down! Be quiet, here lie over her" she ordered as she lay on the ground by the corner. "What? What's going on?" I asked.
"It's bed time" she replied simply. "What does that mean?" I asked frustrated. "Quickly, I'm not going back out again okay" she snapped, a crack in her voice told me I don't want to either. I quickly sat down beside her in the shadows, afraid of what she truly meant.