Unintented Assumptions

Harry slowly drifted back to consciousness, feeling well rested and ready for the day. He snuggled closer to the large, pleasantly warm object in his bed and sighed in contentment.

Wait, what?

As if someone had dumped a bucket of ice water over his head, Harry was suddenly wide-awake. There shouldn't be anything big or heated in his bed other than him. His eyes snapped open and he sat up. Well, he sat up as much has one could with a pair of arms wrapped around their waist, holding them down.

"Ng, go back to sleep," Dmitry mumbled, burying his face into the pillows of his bed.

Right, Harry thought to himself as memories from last night slowly came back to him. This wasn't his bed; he'd been cajoled into sleeping with Dmitry last night...

When the initial adrenaline from his morning surprise started to wear off, tiredness took its place and he flopped back down onto the soft mattress with a huff. Dmitry made a satisfied noise in the back of his throat and pulled Harry's body closer. Sighing slightly, Harry allowed his Russian friend to use him as a hug pillow. After all, it wasn't as if this was the first time he'd been in this position. Tom had, on multiple occasions when they had climbed into bed with each other at the orphanage over the years, used Harry in the exact same way. Granted, when he'd become cognizant, the older boy had almost immediately untangled himself from Harry's person. Harry couldn't help but find mild amusement in the fact that the future Daark Lord was a bit of a cuddler.

Letting his eyes fall shut, Harry mentally decided to get himself and Dmitry up for real in approximately ten minutes. They still had class that day, and lounging around in bed instead would not be acceptable. Not that he really wanted to stay in bed all day. Not even on weekends. It made him feel a bit like a useless, lazy lump. On the other hand, when he used to be a Gryffindor, sleep was a much-valued thing and he, along with Ron, would often wait until the last minute before scrambling out of bed, throwing on whatever he could find that smelled decent, and hurrying down to breakfast with barely enough time to eat before class.

He could thank his new, timelier habits on Tom's near-anal need to always be on time or early.

The minutes finished counting down as Harry listened to the movement of the rest of their dorm-mates outside the curtains. When the proverbial clock reached zero, he placed a hand on Dmitry's shoulder and gently attempted to bring the blonde back to the land of the living.

"Dmitry. Dmitry, wake up," Harry said softly. Dmitry groaned in protest and shook his head.

"I dun wanna," he slurred sleepily.

"Doesn't matter. You can't skip class just to sleep," Harry pointed out.

"Can too. I'll catch up without a problem, even if I actually miss anything important," Dmitry argued, trying to prolong the time he could stay in bed. "And I have you back now to tutor me if I don't understand. You're a much better teacher anyway. Your explanations are easier to understand too."

Because I already learned the material years ago, Harry thought with a scowl. He sat up again but scooted up so his back rested against the headboard. It was less challenging to move with Dmitry no longer having him in a vice-hold.

"I'm not going to tutor you if you skiv off class for no reason other than pure laziness."

"But Harry," Dmitry half-groaned, half-whined. "Don't you like me more than that?"

"No, not particularly," he replied, perfectly stoic.

Dmitry finally opened his eyes and grinned saucily up at him. "You wound me, good sir."