Chapter One

Third Person:

A certain (h/c) girl was making her way out of the Homestead when an alarm came blasting through the Glade.

"Ah, a new Greenie," she said to no one in particular. "this should be fun." She smiled to herself and made her way to the Box.
~~
"Morning, Love." A thick British accent said from behind her.

"Morning, Newtie." The boy chuckled and stood beside her. "Do you think there'll actually be a girl this month?" She questioned.

Newt looked down at the petite girl and sighed, "you've been asking me the same thing for a year. What do you think my answer will be?" The girl giggled causing Newt to smile. "Well, maybe, just maybe you'll be lucky."

"Hey, what was that noise?" A bleach blonde boy asked. "It's freakin' annoying."

"Well, Cornbyn-" the girl was cut off.

"CORbyn" he corrected.

"Well CORbyn, that was the Greenie alarm. We're getting a new person this month so I guess you're no longer the Greenie." She gave him a cheeky smile.

Corbyn looked at Newt then back at the shorter female. "So it's not a warning alarm?" Both of the Gladers laughed at this question.

"No, at least not that we know of." Newt responded with. "Look who finally showed up." Newt crossed his arms at the leader. "What took so long, Alby?" The boy questioned.

"Sorry, got caught up with some... stuff..." Next scoffed while the (H/C) headed girl rolled her eyes. "So who's going down this time?" The only female gasped and raised her hand, jumping up and down. Alby laughed, something very rare to happen. "Someone seems excited." She nodded rapidly. "Well guess you get to go down."

Newt and another keeper opened the top of the box and the female hopped into the box. "Hiya, Greenie." The boy in the box looked at her and blinked then looked around at all the boys crowding around the box. Some snickered and others looked like they had something better to do. "I'm (Y/N). Do you by chance remember your name?"

"Thomas... My name's Thomas." (Y/N) only smiled.

"Well, nice to meet ya Thomas. In the meantime, why don't we get you out of this box?" The boy nodded.

Newt and Alby pulled the new teenager out of the box and helped (Y/N) right after. Thomas looked around the Glade and noticed four walls surrounding them."If you ain't scared, you ain't human." Alby said eyeing Thomas.

"Nice to meet ya, Shank. I'm Alby, and these two are Newt and (Y/N)." Alby said.

"Welcome to the Glade." Newt, (Y/N), and Alby chorused together.

Newt beckoned Corbyn over. He came over.

(Y/N) glanced over at Corbyn and back at the new Greenie. "This is Cornbean-" she was once again rudely interrupted.

"Corbyn." He corrected once again.

"This is Corbyn, he's going to give you a tour of the Glade." (Y/N) patted Corbyns back and smiled. "Since he's still new I'll be accompanying the both of you. Gladers, clear out." Everyone went back to work. "Oh, and Greenie, no questions until after the tour." The boy nodded and began following Corbyn.

Corbyn lead him to a very unstable looking building. "This is the homestead, where we do... stuff..." (Y/N) rolled her eyes at Corbyns brief description. He continued walking . "This is the Bloodhouse, where we kill all the misbehaved Greenies." (Y/N) smacked Corbyn upside the head.