Chapter Seven

(Y/N) woke up with a start. She giggled before getting changed into a t-shirt and leggings. She proceeded to put her hair in a ponytail and exited her room. She looked to her left to see Newt come out of his room. "Morning, Love."

"Morning, Newtie." She giggled. Newt sighed.

"Promise me you'll make it back alive, alright."

"I promise." She grinned. "C'mon I don't want to be late." She ran down the stairs and exited the Homestead. She went towards the dinning area and met up with Zach along the way.

"Someone's excited." Zach smiled.

"I am!" She grinned.

"And why's that?"

"I get to go on an adventure with Thomas, Jack, and Minho." She cheered. Zach stopped in his place.

"And Newt's okay with this?"

"He was perfectly fine with it." She took her breakfast from Jonah. "Thanks!"

"No snarky comment?" Jonah asked.

"Nope!"

"(Y/N) ready to get geared up?" She nodded at Minho.

"Geared up?" Jonah raised an eyebrow. Jonah proceeded to take a sip of his water.

"Yeah, she's going into the maze with us." Jonah spit out his water. Minho walked away as Newt showed up.

"WHAT?! Newt you're okay with this?!" Newt shook his head 'no'. "Then why is she going?!"

"Because I can't." Newt sighed. (Y/N) with a back pack and a spear.

"Sorry, almost forgot some water." She got a water bottle. "Bye~"

"Wait!" Jonah stopped her. "Be careful, please."

"Okay, mom." She laughed. "I'll be back before you know it." With that, said she jogged towards Minho, Jack, and Thomas.

"She'll be fine." Zach patted Newt and Jonah's backs. "Now, lets get to work and wait for them to get back."
~~
"We're here." Minho declared. (Y/N) bent over and started catching her breath.

"Geez, being a Runner is hard."

"At least it keeps us in shape." Jack shrugged.

"Okay, so what do we have to do?" (Y/N) asked, finally catching her breath.

"We'll have to collect some rocks and sketch the Cliff." Thomas replied.

"Thomas, (Y/N), Jack go look for some rocks. I'll draw a map." Minho commanded.

"Min, you can even draw a straight line." (Y/N) retorted. "But I'm not the Keeper here, so toodles~" She walked away and started looking for pieces of rock with Thomas. The three returned around ten minutes later.

"Let's get started."
~~
Corbyn joined the others, who were eating in a peaceful silence. "Somethings missing." He tapped his chin in thought. "We're missing someone aren't we?" He looked around. "Is it Minho? No he's always away at this time. Jack? No same as him. (Y/N)? Yes, she's always here."

"Corbyn are you okay?" Daniel asked. "You're mumbling to yourself."

"Oh, I am?"

"Yes."

"I just noticed (Y/N) isn't here. Where is she?"

"Oh she's- where IS (Y/N)?" Daniel looked at Newt, who sighed. Jonah gripped his eating utensil tighter.

"She's in the Maze." Newt ran a hand through is hair. Daniel and Corbyn halted eating.

"Alone?"