Chapter Three

Thomas was awoken, early morning by Alby. "Hey Greenie, I need to show you something." Thomas had just woken up, as a result, he was very confused.

"What? Why?" He questioned, rubbing his eyes.

"Just follow me." Alby said, standing up. Thomas followed Alby and after a few minutes they met their destination. "Look through that window." Thomas cocked an eyebrow but proceeded to look out the window.

Something that moved caught Thomas' attention 'what is that?' He thought. The thing then hit the window. Thomas jumped back. "What was that?!" He shouted. The creature proceeded to back up and ram into the window.

"Those are Grievers. That's why you can't go into the Maze, unless you're a Runner." Alby said with a straight face. "Now in a few hours (Y/N) or Newt are going to help you with your part in the Glade." Alby said, walking away. "Talk to any of us if you have a question."
~~
A few hours later Newt came and led Thomas to the Bloodhouse. "Good luck Tommy, this job is a hassle." Newt said. He then headed to the gardens. (?)

Thomas looked around a bit and saw the dog from yesterday. The dog got up and exited the Bloodhouse. The dog proceeded to follow (Y/N) to the Med-hut.
~~
(Y/N) approached Thomas and the Keeper of the Slicers. "How's he doing? A handful isn't he?" (Y/N) questioned with a grin.

"Heh. I don't think he's cut out for the job." The boy called Winston said. Winston paused. "No pun intended."

"I can see that. Welp Thomas, lets go take you to test out being a Trackhoe." She said and exited the Slaughterhouse, Thomas following behind. "Newt, Zart, this one right here is switching jobs." (Y/N) said pointing to Thomas.

"I still don't understand how I'm a handful." Thomas mumbled.

(Y/N) and Newt gave him a 'seriously' look. "Hm. Where to start? You've been here for what two days and managed to have barge into an occupied room unannounced, get a person who was out of their mind to attack you, and get Gally to hate you, even though Gally hates everyone." (Y/N) said, very unamused. Thomas closed his eyes and cringed.

"The fight wasn't me." He defended.

"Uh huh, whatever you say. Welp, Newt and Zart, I leave you with Tommy." (Y/N) smiled before going to the Homestead.

"Well Tommy, lets get you started." Newt said. "Zart you wanna show him the ropes or not?" Zart shook his head in response. "Okay then." Newt explained the whole thing Trackhoes do. "Alright, sound easy enough?" Newt questioned his new friend. Thomas nodded, even though he didn't understand a single thing. "Great! It'd be nice if you could chop down some wood." Newt pointed to an axe that happened to be right my a pile of trees, needed to be chopped.

Thomas nodded and began chopping down wood.
~~
(Y/N) that it'd be nice to go visit Teresa. When (Y/N) entered her room she saw that the other female was sleeping. The (h/c) haired girl sighed. 'Why do I have such a bad feeling about you?' (Y/N) thought, looking at Teresa. She was not expecting a response.

Maybe because we've known each other much much longer than before. A female voice said in (Y/N)s head. Her eyes widened and she looked around.

Who's there? She questioned.

Why of course, it's your best friend. Well, at least before I helped design the Maze. The voice responded.

But who are you? The voice said nothing at first.

...Teresa. (Y/N) backed up from Teresa. She shook her head and walked out, thinking that she finally had lost it. Little do you know. The voice said.
~~
Flashback (6 years ago, (Y/N) is 10):
The young (e/c) eyed girl had tears in her eyes, knowing she was now alone. All of her family had caught the Flare and were slowly turning insane. "I don't want to leave, mommy. You're all that I got." The older woman knelt down to her child's height.