Chapter Four

"Thomas!" (Y/N) shouted as Thomas leapt through the closing doors. The doors then shut. (Y/N) sat there agape. " not two but three deaths tonight..." (Y/N) shook her head.

"If only I got here sooner..." Jack looked at the ground.

"No Jack, it's not your fault." (Y/N) gave him a sad but reassuring smile. "If we didn't let Alby go, we wouldn't be in this situation right now."

"No, he's right. It is his fault." Newt said.

"Newt, not helping." (Y/N) snapped.

"It'd also be your fault if you were out in the Maze helping. Want to know why?" Jack raised an eyebrow, signaling Newt to continue. "This one," He pointed at (Y/N), "would be depressed from not one, but two of her best friends being dead." Jack smiled. "So don't try and take all the blame." Newt finished. (Y/N) gave off a small smile.

"Now we just wait until tomorrow." She said looking at the doors.
~~
"Good job buddy, now we're all dead." Minho said to Thomas. "Help me lean Alby against the wall. Maybe the Grievers will take him as a sacrifice."

"We can't just leave him here!" Thomas shouted.

"Well what do you suggest Greenie?"

Whirrr. Click.

Minho was off before Thomas could turn back around. "What was that?" He turned around and saw Minho no where in sight. "Great..." Thomas turned his attention back to Alby.

Whirrr. Click.

Thomas saw some vines right beside Alby. He tied Alby to some vines and checked if he was secure. He was. Thomas began slowly lifting Alby off the ground a couple of feet at a time.

Whirrr. Clip.

The sound kept getting louder. When Alby was a good thirty feet off the ground Thomas secured the vines.

Whirrr. Clip.

The thing was right around the corner by now. Thomas climbed up the vines, almost falling a couple of times. The thing turned the corner. What is that? He thought. This was a Griever, mixture of a robot and an insect. Is that what they call 'Grievers'? The Griever began scaling the wall. Thomas knew that it'd go right for Alby if he didn't do anything. So he did what any maniac would do. He began swinging from vine to vine. (Tarzan who?) The Griever saw Thomas by now and began after its new target. The Griever caught up to Thomas quite quickly and scratched his back. Thomas continued on like it was nothing.

When Thomas got far enough he leapt down from the vines, pretty surprised he didn't break anything.  He began sprinting away from the Griever. The creature it's self was only gaining on Thomas. Of course Thomas just had to run into a dead end, otherwise this would'nt be a good story. The Griever trapped him. The Griever began approaching Thomas. When the Griever got close enough he ran towards it, throwing the Griever off a bit, and slide under it, barley missing its stinger.

"Woah." Minho said, appearing out of thin air. "This way!" Thomas followed Minho.

Right.
Left.
Right.
Right.
Left.

They stopped when they came to a Cliff. "Ready?"

"For what?"

"We're going to jump."

"What?! Are you crazy, we'll die!"

"Not if we get back far enough."

Thomas sighed but nodded. Him and Minho backed up ran forward and jumped, with the Griever still  in tow. The land, the Griever however didn't. "We did it!" Minho grinned at Thomas.