01; brilliant brain, brilliant name

[̲̅G][̲̅R][̲̅A][̲̅V][̲̅I][̲̅T][̲̅Y]

- CHAPTER ONE-

BRILLIANT BRAIN, BRILLIANT NAME

PENELOPE COULD STILL remember the day that she met Graham O'Brien vividly. How could she not? It was the same day she fled from her burning planet and the Time war...more or less. He was also the one to give her a name that could be considered normal on Earth, her real name was unpronounceable. It took her decades to cross the universe, unfortunately she didn't have the luxuries of a Tardis like the Time Lords from Gallifrey did.

Space travel was a complicated, timey-wimey thing that was hard to explain. Penny didn't even dare delve into it when attempting to explain it to Graham in their first meeting. His tiny little human brain couldn't possibly understand the complexity of her situation.

Over the years of her time on the blue planet, she watched Graham grow into a kind man, who fell in love again with the most sweetest woman Penny had ever met. Grace was her name, and she accepted the young Anoulian with open arms. Although, both Graham and Penelope agreed that they wouldn't tell anyone about Penny's origin, even Grace.

Eventually, Grace introduced her grandson, Ryan, to the pair. He was sceptical of them at first, no one could ever replace his grandfather, which he though Graham was trying to do. Penny understood, she'd lost many people herself, people very close to her.

Nevertheless, Graham didn't stop trying to bond with the nineteen year old boy. He wanted to prove to Grace that he was capable of being a good role model to Ryan, able to get close to him and become a family.

It was why they were on Froggatt Edge, overlooking Sheffield, home of the world's best cutlery. They were trying to teach Ryan how to ride his bicycle, something he was never able to do because of his Dyspraxia. No matter how hard he tried, the nineteen year old could not keep his balance and stay on the bike.

"Who says you can't?" Grace encouraged her grandson, gripping onto his shoulders with a gentle smile. Penny had always looked up to Grace, the woman was a saint.

"Me, Nan. We keep trying this." Ryan complained, he wanted to give up, but the three adults wouldn't let him.

"And we'll go on trying till it's done. Now keep your eye on Grandad and Penny." Grace said, looking in front of them where Graham and Penny were holding their thumbs up.

"You mean Graham." The young adult corrected.

"Keep your eye on Graham, then. Three, two, one, go! Go on!" She gave him a push and he peddled unsteadily along the grass towards Graham and Penelope. They began to cheer him on as he wobbled about.

"You can do it, Ryan!" Penny assured with glee, watching as he rode closer and closer.

"Go on, Ryan! You're doing it, mate!" Graham exclaimed, but their excitement was short lived. Ryan fell off the bike and onto the grass where he groaned in pain as he stood up. The three adults ran over to him to see if he was alright.