02; as right as rain

[̲̅G][̲̅R][̲̅A][̲̅V][̲̅I][̲̅T][̲̅Y]  

- CHAPTER TWO -

AS RIGHT AS RAIN

THEY ALL LEFT the train and climbed into Yasmin's police car, after Ryan had revealed that he saw something strange in the woods. Unfortunately, there were only five seats, so after drawing the short straw Penny had to sit across Graham, Grace and Ryan's laps in the back of he car with the woman and Yaz in the front seats. Penelope held onto the back of the blonde's headrest as an attempt to keep at least some of her weight off of Graham's legs so that they wouldn't go numb.

"I'm going to be in such trouble if they find out I were there." Yaz worried as she drove.

"Can we have the lights and siren on?" The alien in the passenger seat asked with childlike glee. It was one of the most adorable things Penny had seen in her eight hundred and something years of life.

"Oh, that sounds like fun!" She joined in, poking her head in between the from two seats with a large grin plastered on her face. The woman grinned back, but their smiles were wiped off their faces and turned into pouts with Yaz's next words.

"No! I shouldn't be doing any of this."

"So you four know each other?" The blonde changed to subject, looking back at the people cramped together. Penelope moved back to her original position across their laps to give her a better view of everyone.

"I'm his Nan. Graham's Penelope's father and me husband." Grace replied.

"Second husband." Ryan mumbled.

The blonde pointed at Ryan and Yaz, "And you two know each other?"

"Yeah, Yaz and I were at school together." Ryan answered and the woman nodded, happy to know something about her new friends.

Grace gasped, "Not Yasmin Khan?"

"Hello, Ryan's Nan." Yasmin greeted, looking at her through the rear-view mirror with a warm smile.

"Haven't you done well for yourself, love!" Grace complimented.

"And you say you just found it there, this thing?" The blonde asked Ryan.

"Yeah, pretty much. I took pictures." Ryan handed over his phone to her.

"Oh, good lad. That's exciting." She paused, looked up from the phone and then corrected herself, "No, not exciting. What do I mean? Worrying. Fast as you can, Yaz."

The car pulled up by the edge of the woods and they all clambered out. With the woman's encouragement, they trudged into the dark woods in search of the alien object that Ryan had found earlier that day, their only source of light being the two torches that Ryan and Yaz were carrying.