05; beginning of a bad joke

[̲̅G][̲̅R][̲̅A][̲̅V][̲̅I][̲̅T][̲̅Y]

- CHAPTER FIVE -

BEGINNING OF A BAD JOKE

AFTER WALKING THROUGH the remnants of the dead forest, the boat that Ilin mention came into view by the edge of the river. It sat high in the water, with a curved canopy keeping the sun of most of the deck as Epzo held Angstrom at gunpoint. Although, she didn't look very threatened by him.

"I said stay away from the boat. " Epzo warned, pointing his gun at her face.

"You don't get this to yourself." Angstrom retorted, referring to the large boat beside them.

"This blaster says I do."

The Doctor rolled her eyes as she got closer and demanded, "Put the blaster down. We all know you're not going to use it. No injuring, no killing, no sabotage, isn't that what what's-his-face said?"

"Yeah, well, maybe I don't play by the rules." He quipped back, gun still raised.

"Did you practise those lines in the mirror? See this?" She held up her right pinky touched his neck, causing him to instantly be paralysed where he stood.

Penny's eyes widened in surprise, she was impressed. "Now that is hot, if I don't say so myself."

Angstrom nodded in agreement, "Nice move."

"Thanks. Venusian Aikido. Grand Master Pacifist. Temporarily paralyses, while also being fundamentally harmless. Very clever, those Venusian nuns. Shall I let go?" She explained before turning to Epzo and removing her finger from his throat. He gasped and coughed for breath once he was released, just as Yaz, Ryan and Graham caught up with Penny and the Doctor.

"And this boat doesn't work." Angstrom said to the newcomers.

"Oh. Well, me and Ryan'll take a look." Graham offered. He still had those damn sunglasses on, Penny couldn't take anything he said seriously with those on.

Ryan turned to his grandfather in surprise, "Will we?"

"Yeah, well, those NVQ classes must be good for something. An engine's an engine." Graham shrugged.

"Not a space engine." Ryan responded.

Epzo had had enough of the dilly dallying and he turned to the Doctor and said with a strict tone, "You don't get to take charge here. This is about me and her fighting to win."

"We're all going to the same place, and that boat is big enough for all of us." Yasmin retaliated.

The Doctor agreed with her, "Yaz is right. If we get it started, we all get on board."

"I know what this is. You're part of Ilin's game. Saboteurs, sent to throw us off." Epzo was so sure of himself, but Ilin had said himself that they were on their own from now on. How could he be so dumb to think that Ilin still set traps for him?