Part 5

A/N. This is going to happen between season 1 and 2 before the two year time skip.

"Johnny, can I please go to the races with you?" Cynthia begged her husband.

"I'm not sure," he said teasingly, pecking her on her pouting lips, "go put the dress on."

"What dress?" She questioned.

"The one I brought for you to wear to the races," John told her, she squealed excitedly.

"Really? I get to go?" She asked, dragging him up the stairs, and gasped once she saw her new dress.

"Yes, of course, you can go" he smiled.

Cynthia quickly stripped from her clothes and got into the new red dress John got for her. "I love this," she smiled, looking at herself in the mirror.

"You look better without it on," John smirked and kissed his wife's cheek.

"John," she gasped, lightly slapping his arm. They still were yet to properly have sex, they've gotten close on many occasions, however, someone always ruined the moment; whether it's one of the kids, one of John's brothers or Rose.

"I'll be waiting by the car," John told her. She nodded and hurried up, she brushed her hair and styled it in record time and put on a bit of makeup. She pulled on some heels and grabbed her purse before walking out of the door towards John, he held open her side of the car for her. She thanked her husband, and she climbed in.

"Which races are we going to?" Cynthia asked, watching as they left the bustling cities and into the countryside.

"Worcester, Tommy organised it so that we are in a V.I.P box, and so that you can meet the horses before they run." He told her, briefly glancing at her excited expression.

"That's great," she smiled; she was so excited.

Cynthia got woken up by John since she had passed out from all of the excitement. "We're here, darling," he said, opening her door and helping her out.

"This place is bigger than I imagined it'll be," Cynthia gasped as she looked around.

"Come on," he linked arms with his wife and they walked in with no problem, Cynthia spotted several Shelby men collecting bets as they walked around.

John took her down to where the horses were getting ready to race. "I'd like for you to pick a horse that you'd think will win so we can bet on him or her," John told her.

"What if they don't win?" She asked.

"It wouldn't matter," he shrugged, he then placed a hand on the small of her back, leading her down some steps towards the horses.

A few of them greeted John and Cynthia as they looked at the beautiful horses, she stroked several of their noses as she passed but one beautiful grey horse caught her attention, "that one, John, I like that one," she smiled brightly, walking quickly towards it.

"Mr Shelby," the owner and the jockey said, nodding at the man.

"Richard, William. This is my wife, Cynthia. Cynthia, this is Richard and William Morris, I assume you two own this horse?" 

"It's nice to meet you both," Cynthia said politely, nodding her head slightly.

"It's nice to meet you, too," they replied.

Cynthia stroked the horse, "what's his name?" She asked the men.

"Moonlit Waters," William replied from on top of the horse.

"I think he's going to win," Cynthia said before turning to John, "we better place the bet before it's too late," she said, she placed a kiss on the horse's nose and said goodbye to both men. John led Cynthia to the box, which she found out was a private one, John went to place a bet, and she stayed up there alone.

By the time John got back, the race was just about to start, all the horses were getting lined up, "where've you been?" She questioned after kissing his lips.

"Placing a bet," he told her, "and I saw Arthur so I had a drink with him," John said, knowing she'd get madder if he didn't tell her the truth.

"Did you at least get me a drink?" She questioned and smiled when she spotted the bottle of wine in John's hand.

John poured them both a glass each as they sat down on the sofa, overlooking the racetrack. "What number is Moonlit Waters?" Cynthia asked, looking at the horses all lining up, ready to race.

"Number seven," John sipped on his wine, he placed the glass down, flinging an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. She snuggled closer to him.

"Thanks," she smiled softly, holding her glass in her hands.

"And they're off!" The commentator announced.

John and Cynthia were cheering for Moonlit Waters. They were standing up towards the end of the race and Moonlit Waters was in third place, they cheered for him to go faster.

"Come on!" Cynthia cheered, "come on, Moony!"

Out of nowhere, Moonlit Waters surged forwards and soon was in 1st place. "Yes!" John shouted as Moonlit Waters came in 1st place. John turned towards Cynthia and pulled her closer to him and kissed her deeply.

"We won," she smiled, pecking his lips.

"You won," he told her, "you're the one who chose the horse."

"Go collect our winnings, I'll be right here," Cynthia told John softly, pushing him towards the door.

"Trying to get rid of me?" He joked, stopping at the doorway, leaning against it.

"Yes," she joked back, pressing another kiss to his lips.

John chuckled before leaving.

Cynthia took this opportunity to close the curtains and take her dress off, only standing in her silky night slip. She slid her shoes off and took her hair out of the updo, fluffing it out.

She was nervous if someone was going to walk in, she chugged down her wine and poured herself another one and drank it too.

Cynthia had closed the door prior to her stripping. She heard the door and Cynthia held the handle still. "John?" She asked cautiously.

"Yes, darling. Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

"Are you alone?" She asked.

"Yes? Are you alright?" He asked again.

Cynthia opened the door quickly and pulled him inside, placing a hand over his eyes and shutting the door and locked it. She slowly took her hand away from his eyes.

"Fuck," he swore softly, taking in all of her. "You are so beautiful."

"I thought because there's no children or distractions and I've been meaning to do this," Cynthia pulled him towards her, slowly kissing him.

"You've got to do better than that, Love," he told her, grabbing her legs and lifting her up.

"Oh, I intend to," she smirked, passionately kissing him.