Part 9

"Rose just go to the doctors, I swear you're pregnant and not sick," Cynthia said, holding back her friend's hair as she threw up. John said he was working with his brothers getting recruits so she decided to go to Rose's, leaving her kids with their carer.

"I don't want to go," she cried, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand.

"I'll go with you," Cynthia said, "it's better to know."

"Alright, I'll go," she said, feeling another wave of nausea flood over her, and threw up once more.

Soon the two women were on the way to the doctors. "Cynthia?" John's questioning voice shouted.

Both women whipped around to face the men, "John," she said, smiling and kissing her husband.

"Are you alright? Are you..?"

"No, darling. I'm not pregnant," she said.

"We need to change that," John whispered in her ear, she gasped and lightly slapped his chest.

"I'm here for support for Rose, so I better go, she isn't feeling too good, see you later," she kissed him once more before going back to Rose. "Come on."

Cynthia was right, Rose was pregnant. Cynthia was happy for her friend but Rose wasn't too happy. "We didn't want another child," she told Cynthia.

"Are you going to keep it?" Cynthia asked back quietly, making sure no one could overhear their conversation.

"I'm not sure," she frowned, "I'll have to talk to David about it, I'm not sure we can afford another child."

"John and I can help financially if you'd like."

"We can't ask you to do that," Rose sighed.

"I'm sure John wouldn't mind, just keep it in mind if you do keep the baby."

Later on, John got home late, "I've been waiting for you, I expected you back a few hours ago, your dinner has gone cold," Cynthia told her husband.

"Well, I spent a bit of time with my cousin," John said, sitting next to Cynthia on the sofa.

"Cousin?" She questioned.

"Polly's son, Michael," John told her.

"Oh, is he nice?" She questioned.

"He's not like us, Thea," John said, brushing Cynthia's hair out of her face.

"Not like us, yet, you mean?"

"That's if he stays, not sure he will."

"I'd like to meet him," Cynthia said.

"You'll probably see him at some point," John said. "Enough about me and my cousin, how's Rose? Is she pregnant?"

"She is, but she doesn't know if they want it. She said she doesn't think that they can afford another child."

"That's horrible," John commented.

"I know and I said that if they do keep it we could possibly help them a bit financially, I don't want that baby to be aborted."

"I'd help them if that's what they want but, darling, if they don't want to keep the baby, it's their choice," John told her seriously.

"I know, John. I know."

~:~:~:~:~:~:~
Cynthia hadn't seen her husband for a couple of days, he had gone to buy a horse, but he hadn't returned. She left the house and towards Tommy's house. She knocked on the door and miraculously, he was there.