Chapter 6

At the Bullpen in Quantico, Virginia the team of FBI Profilers gathers at their desks talking about their day and week. JJ, Emily, Derek, and Spencer are talking about what they did and how they spent their week off. Three out of four finished talking about their eventful events which lead Spencer to be the only one left.

Derek set down his coffee cup and looked at Spencer, "Alright Pretty Boy, what happened to your week."

Spencer sat up, "I went to go visit my mom back in Vegas."

The girls scoffed, "That's all? You went to Vegas to visit your mom."

Spencer put his hand up, "What's wrong with visiting my mom, I barely see her anyways."

JJ leaned in closer, "What about the little leech? Have you talked or even visited her. How long has it been since we've seen her? A couple of years?"

Spencer corrected her, "Six years. It's been six years since we've seen her."

Before the next sentence could be spoken, Garcia walks in with purpose in her steps with a six case files in hand. Another day, another case at the BAU.

--

The team gathers in the briefing room and take their seats at the roundtable. Garcia passes out all the case files to everyone and grabs her remote for the TV screen.

She clicks the remote six times and three girls pop up on screen, "Alright my wonderful people. Today we are heading to Davenport, Iowa as three girls were missing and later turned up dead just weeks apart from each other."

JJ jumps in, "All the girls were between the ages of 16-18 years old, all in high school, and all look about the same."

Hotch looks up from his case file, "The Unsub has a preference. All of the girls have brunette hair, and all girls were found with blue contact lenses in their eyes."

Morgan jumps in, "Maybe the Unsub is trying to recreate someone that he once knew or loved possibly?"

While the team discusses the case further, Hotch stands up and fixes his suit, "Wheels up in thirty."

--

On the plane ride to Davenport, Garcia pops up on the screen with terror on her face. The team takes note of the expression before saying a word.

Hotch breaks the silence, "What do you have, Garcia?"

Garcia composes herself, "The local police department in Davenport just sent me another link to another missing girl."

Prentiss sets down her file, "What? The Unsub has his next victim already?"

Garcia nodded, "He does and you're not gonna like it. Especially Boy Genius."

Reid looks at Garcia confused, "Why me?"

She ignored it and continued on, "Sixteen-year-old girl, with brown hair, and clear ocean blue eyes was kidnapped yesterday. Her parents thought she was out with friends but her brother didn't think so and called the police."

She continues to ramble on until Reid stopped her, "Garcia, who's the girl? How is she tied to me?"

Garcia looked at her screen with was starting into Reid's eyes, "Are you sure you want to know?"

He nodded his head "yes".

Garcia took a deep breath and pulled up the photo from the police report, "It's Lyric. She's the latest kidnapping."

The whole plane goes silent as they try to make sense of what they were just told. Reid runs this fingers through his short hair (Season 6 hair, it was a good hairstyle) and slaps his leg hard. Everyone is still quiet watching Reid from their seats.

Reid sits down on the couch away from the team still lost in thought. Someone's phone buzzed from an incoming notification. They all looked at each other as Reid stood up with his phone in hand.

"It's my phone. I got a voicemail from someone." He said confused.

Rossi looks at him, "Put it on speaker for us."

Reid pressed a few buttons and set the phone down. A voice comes through from the day old voicemail, "Hey Spencer, it's Lyric. I wanted to call you to see what was going on in the life of the Genius Profiler. I miss you so much. I want to know if you'll ever come to visit me. You have Garcia to locate me so don't worry about that. Call me back when you get a chance. Bye."

The team looks up at Reid with tears threatening his eyes. JJ stood up from her seat and hugged her friend rubbing his left arm, "I'm so sorry, Spence."

Reid looked down with a tear falling from his face, "She called me and I didn't know. I should've visited her and not my mom."

Prentiss spoke up, "Reid, it's not your fault. You made your choice, you can't change that."