Chapter 15

Back at the station, JJ and Reid entered the briefing room with the rest of the team. Everyone sat down and looked at all their evidence and profiles of everyone in and around Lyric's life.

They ruled out family, other students, and teachers since they cared about Lyric. They spent many precious hours trying to figure out who the Unsub is and why he/she would take sure an innocent-minded girl who's been through so much in her life.

Garcia's face popped up on a computer screen and got everyone's attention, "Hello my lovely people, I come bearing information!"

Hotch sat up straighter, "What do you have Garcia?"

She pulled up a video from a few days ago of a sidewalk near the small convenience store. It showed a girl walking down the street with a black leather backpack on her shoulders as she strolls down the street.

They watch the video to the last second analyzing what they saw. Morgan set down his pen and looked at everyone, "That camera caught every single second of Lyric's kidnapping. Now, what I wanna know is why no one noticed it? There were people across the street and none of them heard or saw this happen?"

Prentiss pointed to the screen, "Well we just saw the Unsub cover her mouth and stick a syringe in her neck, of course, no one heard her scream."

Hotch looked back at the digital Garcia, "Garcia, try to zoom in on the man and clean up the image for a better view."

Garcia messed with the image in front of everyone as she cleaned up the image, zoomed in, and focused on the man. Once the image was in HD quality, Reid's jaw clenched even tighter.

"Is that... Blake Warner?" Prentiss said squinting her eyes.

Garcia pulled up current information regarding Blake, "Unfortunately, it is my precious. Blake was released from prison four years ago on 'good behavior'."

JJ smirked, "How does a family murder get out on good behavior?"

Hotch stood up and rebuttoned his suit, "Garcia send us more information regarding Warner to our tablets. It's time to deliver the profile."

--

The team stood in front of the Davenport Police to deliver the updated profile of Blake Warner.

Hotch took the lead on the profile, "The Unsub we're looking for is Blake Warner. He's six feet tall, brown hair, and brown eyes. My team and I have dealt with him in the past and he's back with a girl from his past."

Reid cut in on the profile, "Warner has Lyric Anderson in his possession right now. She was the last kids that Warner left as an orphan after he killed her parents. With the FBI knowing Warner quite well, there's a high chance that Lyric is still alive."

JJ enters the profile as well, "Warner was abused as a kid and when he sees a girl he has the instinct to protect that girl from her 'abusive parents'."

Hotch jumped back into the conversation, "If you see Warner or know anything about his whereabouts we need to know and we need to know fast. Knowing Lyric, she'll try to piss him off which could lead to violence or even her death. Thank you for your time."

The crowd of officers leave the station and go out patrolling the streets. The BAU team disperse and go all around the station, some to go get coffee, others back to the briefing room, and Reid sat alone deep in his thoughts.

Morgan walked up to Reid with two cups of coffee in his hands. He set the cup in front of Reid and took a seat next to him.

"We're gonna find her Reid, have a little bit of hope." Morgan said calmly.

Reid barely smiled but took the cup in his hands, "I know that, but I can't help but think what Blake could be doing to her."

Morgan placed his hand on Reid's back, "I know how much you care about her Reid. I can tell from her journal entries, she really wanted to see you again."

Reid finally showed a smile, "I know she did. I just want to find her so I can see her again. I want to see how much she matured, I want to see her smile again, and I want to hear her voice again in person."

Morgan brought Reid into a side hug and left him alone.