Captain America

Captain America: The First Avenger - Chapter Five: "Captain America"

DIANA AND PEGGY stood at the back of Steve's performance for the soldiers

DIANA AND PEGGY stood at the back of Steve's performance for the soldiers. It was difficult to watch, and Diana noticed that as soon as the girls finished their routine and Steve started to talk, all the cheers came to an abrupt stop. None of these men were happy.

"How many of you ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" Steve asked through the microphone, his voice confident.

Diana glanced over the crowd and noticed everybody was silent. They all glared at the man, and some had bored expressions.

"Okay." Steve shifted uncomfortably, "Uh... I need a volunteer." He offered anxiously.

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" One man shouted, making the other soldiers howl with laughter.

Diana frowned, folding her arms.

"Bring back the girls!" Another shouted as well making the men erupt with cheers once again.

The Goddess rolled her eyes and slowly moved closer to the stage. She was just about ready to threaten anybody who might say something hurtful to Steve.

He wasn't aware she was there, but Diana dragged along Peggy to go see him. So, they technically aren't officially on duty. That meant if Diana decided to hurt somebody, for example, Hodge, she could get in some trouble with the General.

"I think they only know the one song. But um...let me...I'll...I'll see what I can do." Steve muttered dejectedly in the microphone.

"You do that, sweetheart." One man called out.

"Nice boots, Tinker Bell!" Another yelled.

That's it, Diana thought.

"Hey, Captain! Sign this!" A man said and mooned him, causing Diana to clench her teeth.

She marched up stage as people began to throw things at Steve, which made him walk off. As soon as she was up and Steve had disappeared from sight, the men began to cheer.

All they saw was a pretty woman.

"Next person to harrass Captain America will deal with me personally." She said as a sickly sweet smile etched itself on her face. Diana had a short-fuse, this was a largely known fact in Themyscira, but none the less, it had made her a better fighter.

Following her warning, the audience silenced.

They might've been stupid men, but they hadn't lacked the common sense.