The Right Partner

Captain America: The First Avenger - Chapter Eight: "The Right Partner"

ITALIC is people speaking in another language.

Votes are really appreciated they honestly make my day as well as comments xo

STEVE STOOD OVER the map, making markings of what he remembered of HYDRA facilities

STEVE STOOD OVER the map, making markings of what he remembered of HYDRA facilities. Diana stood by his side, also making her own markings of what she remembered— which wasn't much as Steve was the one who saw the map and not her.

She hadn't made a motion to tell Phillips about Ares. Her position now was currently fragile, and she came to understand why people reacted so poorly to her similar claims in WWI. Ares is a myth to these people, nothing Diana said would be taken seriously.

Putting down the marker, she then looked to Steve and tried to focus.

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near the Baltic." Steve pointed out, finger dragging across the paper. "And the sixth one was... about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line." He finished, and the map was then taken away by a soldier.

"I just got a quick look." Steve said with an unsure shrug.

"Well, nobody's perfect." Philips muttered.

Peggy, Steve, Phillips and Diana all walked on to the next map.

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." Colonel Phillips said, pausing in thought.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base." He then ordered, and Peggy nodded firmly before walking off.

"What about us?" Steve asked, making the Colonel turn to look at him.

"We are gonna set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass." He stated. What do you say, Rogers, Prince? It's your map, you think you can wipe Hydra off of it?"

"Yes, sir. But I think we'll need more than just me and Diana." Steve said, looking to Diana for confirmation— to which she nodded.

"We're already putting together the best men." Phillips said, frowning.

"And with all due respect, sir. So are we." Steve said bluntly which made Diana smile.

ALL SINGING STOPPED, as dozens of eyes shot over to the stunningly beautiful woman who had just entered the pub. Diana stared around as if she hadn't even realised anybody was looking. Tugging slightly on her red dress, she caught the eyes of Bucky and Steve and started walking towards them.