Chapter Nine: Puppy's Prosthetic and Father's Day

Tony sat hunched over his work table, the cold garage air making him shiver from time to time.

"Maybe if I used vibranium," he mumbled to himself, clicking a pen. "No, no. What if we used nanotechnology?"

Tony twisted his mouth in frustration, scratching the back of his neck with the pen. "That's it."

Tony began furiously typing away on his tech pad. "Nanotech around the amputation site for comfort, vibranium for strength... hm." Tony's fingers slowed. "But what about a sleeve?"

Tony drummed his fingers on his desk, lost in thought.

It dawned on him. "Barnes," he said.
———————————————————
   "Are you seriously drinking from the orange juice carton again??" Tony hissed, hands on his hips.

   Sam stopped mid-sip. He blinked. "Um... no?"

   Tony dragged his hand down his face, sighing. "Disgusting. We all share that, you know."

   "I know."

   Tony folded his arms, rubbing his eyes. "Alright, whatever. Do me a favor. Go wake up Barnes for me while I make myself a cup of coffee."

   "What? Why me?"

   "Just do it. I'm gonna go get Rhodey."

   "Whatever, dude. I'll go wake him up from his beauty sleep."

   Tony turned. "Uh.. might wanna knock first, by the way."

   "Why? He don't give me that kind of treatment."

   "Well excuse me for watching out for you, Your Highness."

   "Listen here, Princess. You should be thankful I'm being nice to you."

   Tony pursed his lips. "Okay. Fine. Don't heed my warning." I hope he walks in on him and Steve.. Tony thought to himself bitterly.

   "Don't heed my warning," Sam imitated in an annoyed high pitch voice, shaking his head and heading up the stairs.
———————————————————