Chapter Sixteen: Kid's Off to College

*time skip: Morgan is 4 now*
————————————————————
Tony and Peter stood by the car, most of Peter's things packed up in boxes. He was off to MIT with MJ and Ned, who were already settling into their new dorms.
Tony was holding Morgan's hand, who was playing with a Peggy Carter as Captain Carter Barbie doll.
"I'm going to miss you guys," Peter said, breaking the silence.
"Not as much as we're gonna miss you." Tony gave a tired smile. Peter could tell he hadn't slept well in a few days.
"Do you ever sleep?"
"Sometimes when I sneeze, I close my eyes." Tony had a weak smile on his face.
Peter could tell he was hurting inside, this change in life was probably stressful for him. Both having a kid, and in a way, losing another one. "I'll visit as much as I can."
"That's a promise to keep with May. We know how busy life gets. We get it. We all want this for you. You're going to do great things, kid."
"I'm trying my best." Peter teared up. "It's going to be so hard without you."
"You've got Ned and MJ right there by your side."
"Yeah.."
   "Hey, don't ask Stephen to make you a portal because you're late like you did in high school, okay? You have to learn responsibility."
   "Uh, honestly? I told him it was an abandoned hallway and it would be fine, but everyone was totally waiting for me. I kinda told kids my dad is a wizard?"
   Tony chuckled. "Maybe it's best we keep that between us."
   "Deal."
"Come here." Tony wrapped Peter in a tight hug, tucking his neck against Peter's shoulder.
"Are you crying?"
"I have an allergic reaction to kids."
Peter gave a small chuckle. "I love you."
"Love you, too." Tony pulled back and knelt down to Morgan's level. "Honey, Peter has to go now. Do you want to give your big brother a hug?"
"You don't have to say yes if you don't feel like it," Peter said.
"Yes!" Morgan exclaimed, hugging Peter.
Peter gave her a big hug, swinging her around in his arms. "Oh no, you're upside down!"
Morgan screamed in delight. "Daddy, look! Look!"
"I'm looking." Tony smiled.
Peter set Morgan down, running a finger over the doll's hair. "You keep care of Great-Great-Godmother while I'm gone."
"What's a godmother?" Morgan asked.
"Uh.. well, like an honorary grandma."
Tony cocked his head to the side, smiling. "Something like that."
Peter laughed. "Keep kicking bad guy butts, kiddo."
"Butt's a bad word!"
"Oop!" Peter covered his mouth. "I meant bum. Don't tell Uncle Steve."
Morgan had a big grin on her face, laughing.
"Pinky promise!"
Morgan made a face, sticking out her pinky. "Okay. Pinky promise."
Peter wrapped his finger around hers. "I'll see you soon." He waved until he got into the car.

"Unlock baby driver mode," Peter said.
"Code word?" The car's AI asked.
"Coolest avenger."
"I'm sorry, please try again. I don't seem to recognize anyone in the system of that name."
"Strongest avenger."
"You are not Bruce banner, sir."
Peter sighed. "Underoos."
"Permission granted. Congratulations on passing drivers ed, Mr. Parker."
Peter gave a half smile. "I'm gonna have to think of a name for you." Peter pressed a button on the tablet.
"Australian male voice activated," said the car.
"Leif. I'm gonna call you Leif (lay-f)."
——————————————————————
   Peter pulled into the parking lot, taking his keys to check out the new room.
   "Hey Parker!" Came a familiar voice.
   Peter turned around. "Um. Hey Flash."
   Flash jogged up to him. "Fancy seeing you here, huh?"
   Peter stayed quiet. What does this bully want now?
   "Listen. I know I was an asshole to you in high school."
   "Yeah, big time."
   Flash crossed his arms nervously. "What I said to you wasn't right. Especially with the whole gym thing and-,"
   "The Penis Parker thing?" Peter asked, remembering how Flash spread it around school that Peter was trans, after his packer had fallen out in the gym locker room.
   "Yeah.. I wasn't very cool to you. I had a lot of things going on at home and I didn't know how to cope with it, so I took it out on you. My dad used to make fun of me being so girly when I was young. I saw that in you and just, I don't know. It helped me feel less bad about myself. I know it made you feel like shit. I'm sorry."
   "I accept your apology."
   Flash looked taken aback. "I don't deserve that."
   Peter held his hand out. "Everyone deserves a second chance."
   Flash shook his hand. "You're a good man, Peter."
   Peter gave a genuine smile. "You should join the robotics club. I think you'd enjoy it. Ned, MJ, and I are members. Always looking to recruit."
   Flash looked down and gave an awkward nod. "I'll think about it. Are you and MJ still hitting it off?"
   Peter felt defensive. "There's definitely something there still. But we decided to break it off for a bit because she wants to focus on college. At least until we're settled in."
   Flash nodded again.
   "How about you and that girl you went to homecoming with?"
   Flash shrugged. "Was never going to work. But I met someone new here, and I think it might actually go okay."
   "What's her name?"
  "His name is Jamie."