Chapter One: Meltdown at May's

(Title Art Credit: @ anna.pellizzari | Instagram)
—————————————————
*COVER ART CREDIT: ME

Heads up: This story takes place after my Spider-Man fanfic book. Thanks for reading!

TRIGGER WARNING: Includes flashbacks, PTSD, suicidal thoughts/actions, severe anxiety/panic attacks, cussing, alcoholism, and depression.

Comments welcome!
—————————————————
Tony watched helplessly from the side as May cried into Peter's shoulder.

"I was so worried about you," May whimpered. "On the news, they said you were one of the ones who, who-," May lost it, crying over those who were "snapped."

Peter was crying as well. "It's okay, May. Thanos couldn't keep me away from the people I love. I'm here now. I'm okay."

May sniffed. "I know... I was just... I was heartbroken. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I thought you were going to be safer with the avengers, not blown into oblivion like that."

"Was that a dust pun?" Peter asked softly, trying to lighten the mood.

May cocked her head to the side and gave Peter a look. "You... rascal, you." She smiled sadly.

May turned to Tony. "Thank you for bringing him home."

Tony seized up. I almost didn't...

May pulled Tony into a hug, clutching to him tightly. "I don't have anyone but Peter, Tony," she said, just loud enough for him to hear. "You don't know what he means to me... after his parents died... we raised him as our own... and when Ben died... I didn't have anyone else but Peter. He means the world to me, Tony. And I know he means the world to you, too."

Tony allowed the tears to fall, and he practically fell into May's arms as well. "He does," he croaked.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"I couldn't imagine doing any less," he murmured.
———————————————————
   Tony stared at the wall in darkness, curled into a little ball on the couch.

   May had offered him to stay the night, and Tony honestly didn't feel like driving anywhere. Plus, he had given Happy a week off to recuperate from the events of the Infinity War.

   Tony's thoughts had been wrestling with him into the night, and he couldn't sleep.

   "Tony?" Came a soft voice from the hallway.

   "Peter, what are you doing up?" Tony asked, sitting up.

   Peter stepped quietly into the room. "It's only 1:30 AM," he shrugged. "I couldn't fall asleep."

   "How come?" Tony asked, concern in his voice.

   Peter shrugged again, rubbing his Star Wars socked foot into the carpet in small circles. "I don't know."

   Tony patted the seat next to him. "Come here."

   Peter sat next to Tony. "How come you're still awake?"

   "I'm... not used to sleeping on couches," Tony said, an obvious cover-up.

   Peter raised an eyebrow. "Uh-huh. And I'm just not sleepy."

   Tony gave a half-hearted smile. "Tell me what's really going on. It's gotta be something besides barfing. You woke me, not May."

   Peter rubbed his arms, trying to warm himself up. "I um... I had a nightmare."