SQUEAL :D

Areum's POV

" Mom, it's Christmas! It's snowing! " Raon said, pulling onto my little finger as she points to the snowflakes falling from the sky.

I smiled, " But why isn't daddy home? he promised to be home for Christmas. " She looked down at her little red shoes that Yedam got for her.

" Daddy is a liar. " Raon frowned, crossing her little arms. I bend down to meet her height.

" Daddy isn't a liar, he really wants to see you too but he's too busy. " she didn't seem convinced, i ruffled her hair.

Raon points at something in the far distant with a bright smile on her face, " It's Santa! " She ran towards santa and I chased behind.

We were queuing for her to meet santa, it's the first time i've seen her being this excited over something. The last time was probably when Yedam brought her to Disneyland.

Yedam have been so busy these days, he didn't have the time to come home so he rented an apartment near his office.

" It's my turn! " She hopped excitedly to Santa and was carried onto his lap where she was grinning widely.

" Merry Christmas! What's your wish? " Santa asked with a smile but suddenly Raon's smile faded as she looked down at her hands.

She sighed, " I want my daddy back. "

" What do you mean? " Santa asked while looking at her with worried expression.

" My daddy is a really good lawyer! he's like a superman, he saved many people's life! " She said with a smile.

Her smile faded, " But it has been a long time since i've last met him. I really missed him, Santa. "

I looked at her, feeling sorry. She's seven this year and whenever there's performances, especially father's day celebration, she'll feel really left out.

Santa smiled slightly, " What's your daddy's name? "

" Bang Yedam. " She said.

Suddenly, Santa started removing his white beard and his santa hat. " Daddy! " She screamed, hugging him tightly.

Turns out, Yedam did keep his promise after all. I smiled seeing the father and daughter reuniting. He looked over at me with a warm smile, spreading his arms to give me a hug.

I smiled, leaning him to give him a tight hug.

The actual santa for that job came back and Yedam changed back into his usual casual clothes.

" Daddy! you came back! " Raon hugged him tightly and he nodded with a grin.

He bends down to meet her height, " I'm sorry that you thought I was a liar. " He ruffled her hair and she shook her head with a genuine smile.

" I want to bring the both of you somewhere. " we got into his car and he started driving somewhere. While being in the car, he got a call.

" Mr Bang, someone came and asked for you. " He looked at us, slightly worried.

He sighed, " Didn't I say that it's my off day today? I want to spend it with my family. Tell him to come back again in a few days. " Just like that, he hang up the call.

" You can just go back to work. " I said and he shook his head with a reassuring smile.

" Priorities. " He said and my heart fluttered like a high schooler when she saw her crush walking past her class.

We reached a small hut, " Let's get off. " we got off and I looked around, feeling a little nostalgic. This was the place we stayed during our honeymoon.

He carried Raon in one hand and held my hand in the other, we walked into the hut. Raon went to play with the toys in the room, leaving the two of us in the living room.

Yedam moved closer to me, " Do you remember what you've said on our last night here? " I nodded with tears in my eyes.

" I said I wish I could buy this house down. " He nodded, raising his hand to show a few keys in his hand.

I gave him a hug, " Why are you crying? I'm just doing what i've promised you on the day I marry you. I promised to make you the happiest person alive. "

" I'm sorry for not making you happy the past few years. I put my job before you and Raon. " I shook my head with tears rolling down my cheeks.

He gave me a tight hug, " I will keep my promise from now on. I will do my duties as your husband, as Raon's father. "

" Mommy! Daddy! I want to join you guys in the hugging party too! " She came in the middle of us and the both of us wrapped her in a tight hug.

Yedam's POV

I looked over at the clock, it's going to be 8am. I smiled, looking over at Areum and Raon who's fast asleep.

I walked to the kitchen, put on my apron with cats on it. I'm not the type to cook but i'm going to try cooking for the sake of my loved ones.

I'm going to cook pancakes for their breakfast, I just hope I don't end up burning down the whole hut.

" What are you do- " Areum burst into laughter looking at the state of the food that i've cooked. She walked over to me and gave me a back hug.

She smiled, " Just leave the cooking to me. " I shook my head, flipping my body to face her, hugging her still.

" I want to be the perfect husband. " She chuckled.

" You're already the perfect husband in my eyes. So be a good husband and go there. " I shook my head.

A grin appeared on my face, " Why don't I help you? I'm pretty good at plating good. " She thought for a moment before nodding.

We were like two teenagers in the kitchen, it was so much fun. Suddenly, She hugged me really tightly and I felt a patch of my shirt getting soaked up.

I looked down at her and realized she's tearing up in my embrace, " Did you cut yourself? What happened? " She shook her head with a smile.

" I'm just really happy I said yes to being Mrs Bang. "

23rd Oct 2018

Since it ended on such a meh mood, I shall write a squeal for y'all as a Christmas gift :))