~ 2 ~

"You're kidding."

Paintbrush grimaced at what their parents had just told them. They expected something absolutely degrading, something that would bring up the absolute clause of 'atoning for your actions'. But none of those were the case at all—rather, it was nothing but one simple phrase.

Counseling.

Paintbrush had never been to a school counselor, nor had they ever been to one for any other particular reason. The fact that this was even happening felt nothing but bizarre to them.

"Honey, it was the best solution presented to us. The only one albeit, but it's better than you being expelled from the school system." Their mother replied.
"We already have to pay a portion of the hospital fees, and we should be thankful that the situation wasn't worse than it is now. Your scholarship may have been revoked, but the fact that you only got a three day suspension after breaking someone's jaw is something you should be very thankful for."

"But Mom, this entire thing is ridi—"

"I want none of it. You are going to do this, no complaints. You're facing the consequences of your actions one hundred percent."

Paintbrush replied with a nod, and went up to their room. They flopped onto their bed and let out a sigh.

He deserved it.

"Calling me bipolar, mental...what a sleaze!"

But in the end, did they really have to hit him?
It was the question that ran through their mind the most. It wasn't exactly necessary, but they exacted their vengeance.
They called them something they didn't like. Something that was nothing but petty.

Something that they could've easily ignored.

Thinking about it, I didn't have to push OJ to the floor either.

But that thought was pushed far into the back of their mind. They kicked their legs back and forth in pure frustration, and groaned.

Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.

-

He could already see the dozens of eyes peering at Paintbrush as she walked down the halls.

It was something that he'd experienced a few years back, and had witnessed with someone the senior class was once close with. He never knew her as well as others had, so their departure didn't really affect them on an emotional level. It was still upsetting to see the others emotional during that time though. He remembered Pickle's reaction to it fairly well, as everyone did, since it wasn't exactly positive. He wasn't in school for a while either, it really had gotten to him. But by the time he was back, it was as if nothing had happened from that start.

And in the end, he found that to be for the better.

Everyone had forgotten about what had happened to her, and that was a huge relief. Of course, he had one friend that's been by his side before everything even happened. He's refrained from getting close to anyone, really, but he was the only exception to this rule. Maybe this dilemma he'd been facing was why he'd become so cautious in the first place.