Steve Rogers x reader~ sparing partner

Side notes~ not that I know of
word count- 453
--------------------

You entered the SHEILD gym and threw your bag onto a bench before starting wrapping your knuckles in fighting wrap.

Your boyfriend of 3 months, Steve Rogers, had asked you to be his sparing partner since Natasha and Clint were out on a mission. You accepted instantly, you'd done some marshal arts training back in school and had always wanted to see if you could take out Steve.

You finished wrapping your hands and practiced on a punching bag whilst you waited for Steve.

"Morning beautiful!" You heard Steve shout from the entrance. You turned and smirked, leaning against the wall and crossing your arms. "Someone's late, you scared I'll beat you cold turkey?" You said confidently. Steve chuckled and removed his jacket, revealing his huge biceps. "Go easy on me yeah?" He laughed as he started to wrap his hands in fighting wrap.

You hoped over the rope and into the ring, facing Steve. "You ready?" He asked gently. You hummed in response as you adjusted your footing. "Readyyy, FIGHT!" He called as you ran at him. He dodged your attack and trapped your arm, swinging you over his shoulder and making sure you didn't hit the floor too hard.

You rolled through his legs and hit him hard in the shoulder, but only felt your own knuckle buckle like you'd punched a brick wall. You ignored the pain and tried again, to no avail. He tripped you up and you hit the floor. Had this been a real fight, they would and crashed down onto your back and broke your neck, but Steve waited for you to get up to continue.

Feeling frustrated by Steve's power, you broke loose and put all your strength into a punch to his stomach. You heard him whimper slightly as he fell to the ground. You stood still, breathing heavy and amazed with yourself. You'd just floored the super soldier Steve Rogers! When he didn't get up, your smile faded.

"Steve? Are you okay?" You knelt down to his level and poked him slightly. Silence filled the air as you panicked. Suddenly, you felt a force around your arm fling you over and hit the floor. You lied face down in shock.

"Touchdown!!" You heard Steve yell as you sat up and clapped sarcastically. He offered you his hand, which you pouted and took. He kissed your swollen cheek and hugged you around your waste.

"You did great babe." He whispered into your ear. You smirked and huffed. "Cheater! I had you down for a full minute!" He giggled and pecked your lips.

Maybe sparing with Steve wasn't going to be too bad after all.